How to make canes with polyclay

KathieB

I have an idea for the Christmas swap, but it involves hard candies, like red-and-white mints or those hard candies with white swirls in them. Canes would be perfect for mass production.

Does anyone have a link to a polyclay how-to on line?

Thanks!

Hi Kathie,

Those candies shoudl be fairly easy to make. Here's a couple links for you on tutorials

Uthah poly clay guild

I didn't find candies there but I think either the translucent flower canes or the miliflori chevron ones might give you an idea of how to do it.

And this is just a links page but to tons of polyclay projects:

Little Bit projects page

Hope these help

-David

OH MY GOSH...do I have a link for you. Be prepared to be incredibly overwhelmed with poly clay stuff!!

http://www.glassattic.com/

Heres another one I like...

http://www.kelliesklay.homestead.com/tutlinks.html

Looked at my bookmarks again. Here's one specifically for the candy -

http://www.pcpolyzine.com/december2001/canes.html

Wow Robin!!!

Those links are great!!! I wish the first one was a little more user friendly (aka easier to read without my glasses :) ) But Man!! I'm going to be reading a LOT from that site! I'm already getting ideas from just the index (and for me "idea" usually means "trouble" :lol2: )

Awesome links!!!

-David :lol:

I wish the first one was a little more user friendly (aka easier to read without my glasses )

David, you could highlight the info and copy it and paste it into your Work program & resize the type to where you can read it. That way if it's something you might want to make you can print it out from your Word program.

I love the orange and the corn tutorials. She makes it look so easy.

But when you get the hang of the cane-making those are fairly easy to do and will give you lots and lots the stuff LOL hmmm, now I feel an fimo itch coming on, shees I don't have the time for un-planned mini-excursions :doh:

Hugs

David, you could highlight the info and copy it and paste it into your Work program & resize the type to where you can read it. That way if it's something you might want to make you can print it out from your Word program.

Holly you're so smart! :D What would I do without you? .. except sit here squinting at the screen and going blind :doh:

I can see I'm definitely going to be reading a lot more.. enlarged though :)

Thanks again!

-David

Those links are great!!! I wish the first one was a little more user friendly (aka easier to read without my glasses :doh: )

David, do you know you can increase the size of the type on your screen?

In the Toolbar at the top of your screen, click on "View"

Then click on "Text Size"

Then click on "Largest" or "Larger"

I'd been fiddling around on the computer for a long time before a neighbor's kid pointed that out to me. :D

HOpe that helps!

Too funny . . . I mentioned to Brian that I was having a hard time with the words on the screen .;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;and he came upstairs and changed the size on my computer screen! Now if I could only do something about 'Picasso' jumping on my keyboard!! :doh:

Robin, thanks for the terrific links - a friend of mine just asked today if I would make some Xmas candy for her candy dishes! Talk about good timing. :D

KathieB, tried your tip for making the text larger, as I thought it would be even easier to see the Halloween screen (I refuse to use the Greenleaf Custom, when this one is so cool). It didn't change the text at all, so I guess it was already set for the largest! :happy: Oh well, thanks for the tip anyway. :doh:

Thanks for the links. I haven't tried working in poly clay yet, but I'm looking forward to trying to make some Christmas candy. We got a new computer just a few weeks ago, and I didn't get the time to transfer over all of my favourite project sites. But I wasn't too concerned, 'cause I knew that all I had to do was ask and someone here would know the sites. :doh:

-Susanne