One problem after another

Charlene

Been working diligently on the sportsbar/library roombox and I've just had one disaster after another.

First it was the darling little aquarium I bought on Ebay -- Note to self: never buy electrical parts that you don't know are properly wired :evil: Wired it in & said to DH, "this doesn't look like copper wire". Turned on the power. Zap. Blew the fuse. Ugh! Had to disassemble the thing and re-wire it. It now has an orange bulb (with copper wire :( ) and looks great.

The ceiling fan in the bar has lightbulbs that keep mysteriously loosening themselves and then the entire assemply decided it would stop sticking to the little ceiling sticker. The sticker thingee is now history and it seems well attached directly to the ceiling....but the light bulbs are still self-loosening.

Then it was the double bookcase. Thought that would be a cinch. It's an unfinished from Houseworks. Sanded it down a bit. Put on the stain...aargh :rip: white glue spots all over!! Isn't not having glue spots why I BUY furniture???? :wave: We (DH & I) spent a couple hours trying to fix the finish and I finally just said "Bag it -- I'll do some paint on the front". Again, it looks fine, but what a waste of time & energy. :D

Now I'm missing a darling little planter I made for the room just yesterday -- it sprouted little legs and has wandered off into the hinterlands. Nowhere to be found. :wave:

Ok. That's it. Thanks for listening. I'm gonna go break open a bottle of Zinfandel and put myself into a cheerier mood B)

I'm gonna go break open a bottle of Zinfandel and put myself into a cheerier mood :D

Pour a teaspoon of that wine into a saucer and leave it out for your house imps and tell them they can have it if they bring back the planter. Sometimes that works. :wave: Um, as long as you've got that bottle open, <holding out glass> , can I join you? It's the end of a long week and a glass of wine sounds like the perfect way to spend the evening.

Deb

Charlene, I am sorry you are having so many issues with that project!! I know it's gonna turn out WONDERFUL though in the end!!

You know, I had 3 ceiling fans and each one of them have a problem with them. I tried to use it in the Westville that I just did and the first time I had to rip out floor boards upstairs cause I forgot to check to see if it worked BEFORE I added the floors above. I had 2 more and they all had the same problem so I took all three of those back (And the ceiling fans are so darn cute!! ) but they kept on fizzing out. The bulbs grew too hot and would go dim and then it just died :D .

I can't wait to see pictures!!

We all know that some pieces of furniture seems to be possessed during this time of year too. I bet your planter really did walk away and hid under something like wallpaper :wave:

I'm on the second glass of the notorious Zinfandel, so please ignore my spelling :wave:

aaa, poltergeists, huh? Well, let me go find a tiny dish <crashing about in kitchen> and try to get a little bitta wine in it <get your glass in here fast, Deb, it's goin' all over> and see if vino recovers the planter.

Ok. Now that that's taken care of, I'm gonna go put my feet up, switch on to TCM (Imitation of Life is on at 8), get my box of tissues ready, and finish off the bottle. :wave:

I'll let you know if the plan works.

For now, it's :D

:evil:

Sorry about your day Charlene, but these things are to be expected . . . it is October after all when all the little gremlins come out to play! :lol: :lol: I still can't find my scarecrows!! I'm sure they'll turn up once I start decorating for Christmas! <_<

Hey, I think you need some 'green apple pucker' to go with that wine . . . :D

I am about to make a Castle Room Box SSsshhhh, don't tell anyone but it might be my next tutorial if all turns out allright

Tracy, the secret's out!! I am so there!!!! :ohyeah:

<holding out my glass to Charlene> Okay, I'll have just a sip more...........oh wait. She's asleep. <tiptoeing over to cover her with a quilt and setting the empty wine bottle on the table> Poor thing, she really needs some rest after that kind of day.

I am about to make a Castle Room Box SSsshhhh, don't tell anyone but it might be my next tutorial if all turns out allright

Okay, we'll keep the secret just between the 1000 of us here, and we promise not to tell anyone else. :lol2: <peering thru the monitor over your shoulder> Ooooooooooohhhh! I wanna learn!

Deb

ROTFLMAO! Deb, you're killing me over here! :whoops:

A-ha!! I see that you're challenging me to a duel!! En garde!!

:lol:

(Okay, so it wasn't an invitation to duel.........but I haven't had an excuse to use that really cool smiley yet and couldn't resist. hehehehehehehehehee)

Deb

Well, Girls, the wine is gone and the plant is still AWOL (must check on the kitty, that sauce went somewhere) Hmm, OK, on to Karen's Plan B -- mini mousetraps with mini plant food :lol:

And, oh my, Tracy, we got a such secret out of you???? A castle room??? Ooooo, I'm up for it!!! I won't tell a soul. Your secret is safe with me, and Deb, and Cat, and Karen, and Teresa, and Lynette, and Annette, and Irene, etc., etc. Well, actually, I think we should let David know, and Anna, and Holly, and Linda <Charlene quietly breaking open the PM screen> But, not to worry, I won't tell a soul :lol:

Hey Charlene :lol: , I watched Imitation of Life last night too! I have seen this version b4 but I like the 1934 version with Claudette Colbert better.

I hate it when I cant find something I have made or purchased and it disappears.

I hope it returns soon. Maybe you have to wait for the dh sprites to wake up and shake off their zinfandel hangovers b4 you get it...Wine gives a wicked lil headache!

:lol: Heidi

Good Night and enjoy your movie!!

:ohyeah:

I am about to make a Castle Room Box SSsshhhh, don't tell anyone but it might be my next tutorial if all turns out allright :D .

:zip: :lol: :yahoo:

OK, didn't say a word, just expressed some joy in antecipation!!!! :lol: Just what I need by the way <_< did I mention that???

Sorry about your troubles though Charlene, I do hope that the opened bottle as well as that treat you put out for those "snatchers" worked wonders so that you have your planters back but as for the lights, hmm, could it be they little ones around feel they are too bright?!?

Hugs

I hate it when I cant find something I have made or purchased and it disappears.
I'm not sure, I think that it's a rule, it happens to me all the time :yes:

Tracy, we got a such secret out of you???? A castle room??? Ooooo, I'm up for it!!! I won't tell a soul. Your secret is safe with me, and Deb, and Cat, and Karen, and Teresa, and Lynette, and Annette, and Irene, etc., etc. Well, actually, I think we should let David know, and Anna, and Holly, and Linda <Charlene quietly breaking open the PM screen>

I didn't get your PM, but it's OK, I peeked at Tracy's post :groucho: At last! Something else to do with the cardboard carpet roll!

You are on to me Holly!! I am gonna post a list of materials in my blog. This is a quickie tutorial and I won't do a class but will have a night for chatting about it.

Charene....It's still missing even after another night? How many people live in your home? Think someone could have moved it? I blame everyone who can hear me. As soon as I do, it magically appears in an area I forgot I put the item in :groucho: see even my stuff is out to get me :yes:

I didn't get your PM, but it's OK, I peeked at Tracy's post :banana: At last! Something else to do with the cardboard carpet roll!

Hi Holly!! Well, obviously my secret pm's were secretly blocked by a secret person who shall remain secret who wanted to keep a secret from the rest of the gang. Some people will go to any length to keep a secret! :groucho: But isn't that a great secret? Can't wait to see the secret castle room. :banana: But it's a secret, so don't tell anyone B)

It's still missing even after another night? How many people live in your home? Think someone could have moved it? I blame everyone who can hear me. As soon as I do, it magically appears in an area I forgot I put the item in :yes: see even my stuff is out to get me ;)

Hi Tracy -- Yep, it's STILL awol....it's just me, DH, the dog & the cat...DH knows thru experience not to move my stuff...maybe the cat found it and decided it made a nice looking hockey puck. Or maybe she's in cahoots with the gremlins. Lord knows,I'd never mislay anything :banana:

And you're right -- the stuff is out to get us... :banana:

maybe the cat found it and decided it made a nice looking hockey puck.

I'd say that's a good possiblity, my cat does that to me all the time :yes: . Usually when any of my mini's go missing first I ask Amber, then look to see if the cat knocked it anywhere and if I still can't find it I blame the mice that show up this time of year. Last year I lost a few things one that stands out in my mind is my coal bucket (still can't find the :censored: thing). I told Greg that if we ever remodel we'll tear down a wall and find all my missing things set up for the mice to have a warm and cozy home inside of it :p :roflmao .