Dreaming of Golden Gate View

Selkie

Even though I now have the plans for GGV, graciously provided by Otterine (Brae), I'm still dreaming of finding a rehab or kit of the Golden Gate View by American Craft Products.

Since my workshop is too cold to cut out my own pieces yet, I thought I'd throw out this request for one while I await warm enough weather to work out there.

If anyone comes across one, please let me know.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Can't you just imagine a street of these little houses all decorated with different exterior finishes - brick (my 1st choice), neatly cut stone, the old asbestos (style) shingles, clapboards, old peeling paint, vine covered, and on and on .... ah-h-h-h .... it would look like NYC or Boston or San Francisco or DC.

• Like 1

If one of our ambitious talented woodworkers were to use the plans to cut out a few kits and sell them to us....Im sure there would be several takers.

I second this idea !!!

Not sure how the copyright stuff would work though if it is used as a sale rather than when you do it just for yourself.

To bad my cut off spending limit is 200 for any dollhouse and even then..I am hording a bit too much as it is...

buuuuuuutttt.....

Lazerdollhouses does have this one also..I think in time their prices will come down..maybe..hopefully....hopfully maybe... :bigwink:

173581063.jpg

• Like 4

Whoever would want to produce the plans in kit form would need to see if it's possible to convince the copyright holders to contract with them to manufacture the plans as a kit. IMO more trouble than it's worth. It might be easier to take the plans to your local vo tech, find out how much the wood costs and let them cut the pieces out for you.

Lazerdollhouses does have this one also..I think in time their prices will come down..maybe..hopefully....hopfully maybe... :bigwink:

I've seen that one and it is quite lovely but as you say, it's mega $$$.

The other part, for me, is that it seems to be quite a bit bigger than I was really looking for.

I'm sure it's more historically accurate but there are space considerations for us collectors that sometimes make it impossible to be truly accurate.

• Like 1

..... It might be easier to take the plans to your local vo tech, find out how much the wood costs and let them cut the pieces out for you.

I can cut it myself but I'm lazy and the kit would be simpler and faster.

My wood shop is unheated and it's wa-a-a-ay too cold out there right now. It would have to be a summer project.

• Like 1

Wouldn't the copyright be expired? Or to get around it, could it be slightly modified to differ from the original. The GGV says "Christmas" to me. I can just visualize the tree in the front window. I just bought an Emerson Row from one of our members, Im looking fw to thinking up some modifications to make it more GGV~esque.

• Like 3

To bad my cut off spending limit is 200 for any dollhouse and even then..I am hording a bit too much as it is...

buuuuuuutttt.....

173581063.jpg

OMG i love how the whole side is open. I could totally see this kit done up and adding plexi on hinges to keep it all nice and tidy! Did you know they also offer this in 1/24 scale? The first floor window is a garage but still just under 200.

• Like 1

Mike, half scale too, okay?

Jane, The LaserDollhouseDesigns house is significantly larger than the GGV in its footprint. But it's a pretty kit! You might try making an offer because his eBay listings many times say "or best offer."

• Like 2

Mike, half scale too, okay?

I could do a dh shell in half scale but the trim, etc. would be up to the builder. :) Half scale is way too small & tedious for me...how 'bout 1/6 scale Debora? Hehehe...

• Like 1

I could do a dh shell in half scale but the trim, etc. would be up to the builder. :) Half scale is way too small & tedious for me...how 'bout 1/6 scale Debora? Hehehe...

No, no, no Mike. Half scale is 1:24, NOT 1:6. (I know you know this and the maths) I can just see Barbie dolls trying to climb into my cute little houses! No! :lol:

• 1 year later...

To bad my cut off spending limit is 200 for any dollhouse and even then..I am hording a bit too much as it is...

buuuuuuutttt.....

173581063.jpg

This dollhouse kit is called the Lisa and it is named after our own Lisa_F here on the GL forums. She's the one who gave the owner of the company the design specs of what she would want in a house. So he built it and named it after her.