Too Cool Orchid

Minis On The Edge

That's a great little house ... but are you sure it's an Orchid? The center gable just doesn't look right inside, even if it were modified. In the Orchid, the gable overhangs the porch. The roof line looks ... hmmmm ... If it's a bash, it's a major reconstruction bash! I recognize the vergeboards and roof toppers as Orchid.

Compare with Orchid at left:

OH, wait .. now that I'm looking at them together, I can see how the center gable roof was chopped to bring the front wall back ... and the dormer was moved ... yeah, my tired old eyes are seeing the bones of the Orchid now. What a great bash this is!

OH MY GOSH!

I LOVE that house!

besides Tracy's houses I have never seen an e-bay house I couldnt do for myself so would want to buy it

buttttt OOOOOOOOOOOOO

if we were not knee deep in spookhouse I would bid on that house!

tytytytyty for the eyecandy!

hmmmm I do recall a birthday coming right along....wonder how much its worth to him :)

I know what he will do...look at me and LOL I absolutly love everything she did! the wall paper choices the colors the spiral staircase...how did she design a house I didnt even know I needed? its everything I would want. rofl a bit over board huh? oh well its how I feel. I thought Davids bash was pretty good. love that whole medievil castle look! but this house was the total bomb. I hope she gets a good price for sure!

nutti :D

She and I emailed each other last night and I found out this house is a crossbreed :D:) It is a Lafayett by duracraft & a Orchid kit combined. It is just so wonderful though I had to post it here especially after our last blog was this.

Ah good you saved me from emailing her today. I could not figure out how she managed to change base piece to fit pushing out the entire front of the house to get rid of the porch and still keep the gable - it being a Lafeyette/Orchid mix makes perfect sense.

She and I emailed each other last night and I found out this house is a crossbreed :):p It is a Lafayett by duracraft & a Orchid kit combined. It is just so wonderful though I had to post it here especially after our last blog was this.

Thank you ... I KNEW my initial instinct was right, that it couldn't be just an Orchid. :D

Wow. That makes me want to take my Orchid-in-Progress and bash it. As in bash it into the wall :D

I was liking my groovy little Orchid until seeing this one. Now I'm disheartened!

I'm not making much progress on it right now anyway because we got a new puppy who is taking up ALL of my time. I'm hoping to get back to it later this week. If I hadn't just done a Haunted House I would use some of this builder's ideas for sure.

Hi Rowan,

Don't be too disheartened with your Orchid. The Orchid is a great kit and this one on Ebay is about 90% Lafeyette and 10% Orchid - Like Tracy said - it's the Orchid dormers and gingerbread.. the rest is mostly Lafeyette with some added towers - and you can add towers to your Orchid too - You can make them from foamcore or smaller concrete forms available at your local hardware store so don't despair. And Thanks Kathy for pointing out that the front of the house couldn't be the Orchid. I was feeling some despair there myself while trying to figure that one out .

-David

This is an absolutley superb house and I just might borrow that idea of a corner tower to keep a stair in but for my CHantilly I think. That might help me in getting on with that house as I have been going back and forth in how to get a conection from the basement I want to add to hosue the winecellar as well as a kitchen area.

Hugs

Anna WHERE are the pictures of your Chantilly? I want to build this one again myself. I LOVE that house!

Ooops, I had forgotten about thos pics, will put up a new album it over the weekend (as my own website is sort of bursting in its seams) when I hope to get some good daylight shots of it, promise!!!!

Hugs

I thought there was a Lafayette in that mix somewhere (I only recognized it coz I'm fighing with, er, building one now) This is just the coolest bash ever and has me studying it in great detail. What a very talented lady! Tracy, I'm so glad you emailed her. I hope she'll come join us here too.

I keep going back to see how she bashed it together and it looks like the middle is the lafayette with the outside corner bashed out to add the octogon tower with the staircase. (and that just looks soooooooooo cool) The other side looks to be where the Orchid was added on and the secret room created. I love the way she added the built in bench downstairs too. I haven't figured out how she made the cupula yet, but it sure is cool! It looks like it might be made of scrap pieces from punch outs.

I'm just in awe over this one. It's the most creative house I've seen. I think what impresses me the most is that she can step out of symettrical boundries. I'm so obsessive about balance that even when I try to be random, it still comes out symettrical.

Thanks for sharing this one Tracy. It's fascinating!

Deb