Halloween Pumpkin Cat

Missymew

When Missymew was a kitten (1998) a friend loaned me a Halloween costume that she'd had made for her cat when he was a kitten the previous year. I wasn't sure how she'd feel about dressing up for Halloween. Well, Missymew loved it. She quite fancied herself as a Halloween pumpkin. She spent all of Halloween evening wearing the costume to the delight of the many children who came trick or treating to our door.

Here's a photo:

I think it's adorable, but I showed it to Napoleon and he just looked at me and said, "Don't even think about it". <sigh> My cat has no sense of fashion. Thanks for sharing Susanne. That's just too cute.

Deb

... Napoleon and he just looked at me and said, "Don't even think about it". <sigh> My cat has no sense of fashion.

Deb

But Deb, perhaps he just isn't "into" the cute stuff, and would be more prone to be dressed up with some more skellie/Prince Vlad/or even mummyfied kind of deal???? :lol: Aouch... Didn't know he could swing that set of claws theough cyber space as quickly..... ;)

Hugs

isnt that sweet!

I remember when I was a kid I used to dress our cat up.

he was so paitent with me. now I feel sorry for him...big ole tomcat dressed in baby doll clothes.

never tried to stop me and would stay in the buggy or bed as long as I was playing with him.

of course this same cat like to wrap himself around my neck to go for a walk.

he lived through our house fire...when the neighbors broke in the back door...he was sitting on the stove and flew out over their head as the stove fell through the floor to the basement. he lived to be 11 and I was most definatly his. he like the whole family but if you were looking for him it was my bed where you could find him...ok now Im wellin up so Ill switch to Mr. Milo funny lil pup. he is 10

last year I took this photo to send to his boy who was away in the Marines

post-9-1159723216_thumb.jpg

as for wearing clothes...Milo gets a new sweater every year because he gets so cold. he has about 5 some dont last all winter. all I have to do is say Milo want his sweater on and he jumps on my lap and stick his nose through the neck hole.post-9-1159723309_thumb.jpg

arnt furkids so sweet?

nutti ;)

I think those pics are so adorable..I always wanted my minpin Tyson to wear a costume but he is a big time protester.. How DARE you think I should wear that devil get-up! He ripped it off and pee`d on the hat. I never tried it again.

I think those pics are so adorable..I always wanted my minpin Tyson to wear a costume but he is a big time protester.. How DARE you think I should wear that devil get-up! He ripped it off and pee`d on the hat. I never tried it again.

Hmmm, might be that he didn't like the colours B) and would have opted for a more water proof head wear instead LOL :blink:

Hugs

Not all cats will let you dress them up. Missymew doesn't mind and Dudley was very tolerant. Trinity ... uh uh. The year after I dressed Missymew up as the pumpkin, I put it on Trinity as she was only 12 weeks at Halloween. She went crazy ... jumping and running. I just took it off her. I like to dress my cats up, but I don't like to torment her. Dudley and Missymew also loved the extra attention they got when they were dressed.

-Susanne

All the pet pics are adorable! I'm not sure my little Siamese guy would appreciate a costume - but I just might try one on him, Oct. 31st. (I don't want to try sooner, in case he has a time limit on costume tolerance. Best to wait for the important night.) I wonder if I can design something that would attach to his harness? Hmmmm ....

All the pet pics are adorable! I'm not sure my little Siamese guy would appreciate a costume - but I just might try one on him, Oct. 31st. (I don't want to try sooner, in case he has a time limit on costume tolerance. Best to wait for the important night.) I wonder if I can design something that would attach to his harness? Hmmmm ....

If you can attach something to his harness you might have a ghost of a chance. :blink:

-Susanne