Greenleaf 1/4 Scale Villages

Roxxie2

Thank you very much! I can't wait to set them up in a village but I have to figure out where that will be. I was going to set it up under the Christmas tree in a few weeks but with 3 dogs I am not sure that is a good idea. The third village should be here any day. I really bought it just for the tiny Brimbles! So cute!

I made some of the village houses. The Arthur is in my gallery, I left the back off and added some of the mini plastic furniture. I have more of the houses, I did not attach the roofs so we could view the insides. When I put up my Christmas decor I'll get some pics.

Kellee

• Like 1

How I missed this thread is beyond me, but I was the one who offered you the village, Roxie! I'm glad you are having so much fun with these; you've inspired me to build it myself:) Another thread mentioned the glitter houses, maybe Kat? I think I might try that. I definitely know who to ask if I get stuck:D

• Like 2

Right,Sarah,under "Favorite Holiday Dollhouses", I had a link to a 12 scale dollhouse,the Dura-Craft Ashley, that someone decorated as a very cute glitter or putz house on the exterior and a glitzy Christmas shoppe inside. I was hoping someone else had seen or done a 12 scale glitter dollhouse. Please,I hope you do the 1/4 scale village in that style-it would be so cute!! And absolutely,Roxy is your girl to go to-her little village is beautiful! :thumbup:

Sarah!!!! I have the memory of a goldfish so that's why I can't remember who said what sometimes. :ermm: I am not starting on it yet but I keep walking by the box and it keeps saying....."Open me Open me"!
Kelly, I love the little Arthur too! I wish I had left the back of mine open after all. I am going to try to build another one from the wood cut outs I saved. I thought I might try to bash it a little maybe into a colonial style or something. We shall see!

Kat, I think that I am going to do the Brimbles store like the little general store that was in the town I grew up in. I am not sure yet. I just punched out pieces and haven't sanded yet. I got involved painting a Santa out of a piece of wood I found by the side of the road. lol
I have the attention span of a gerbil.

Those 1/4 inch pieces of furniture Holly are very cute........and very expensive!!! Its hard to find 1/4 inch furnishings.

• Like 1

Kat, I think that I am going to do the Brimbles store like the little general store that was in the town I grew up in. I am not sure yet. I just punched out pieces and haven't sanded yet. I got involved painting a Santa out of a piece of wood I found by the side of the road. lol

I have the attention span of a gerbil.

Those 1/4 inch pieces of furniture Holly are very cute........and very expensive!!! Its hard to find 1/4 inch furnishings.

Roxy, have you looked at SDK Miniatures' 1:48 scale kits? They have quite a variety and their prices are reasonable.

http://sdk.miniature.net

There is also Petite Properties http://www.petitepropertiesltd.com/onlineshop/index.php?_a=category&cat_id=2

• Like 1

But yes, I have also noticed that quarter scale is VERY expensive. I'm trying to keep from going down the road of becoming obsessed with that scale. LOL.

I know. I've got the Little Pond Cottage kit. It's a darling house and in a moment of complete crazy I had bought an artisan made quarter scale rocker (which is so detailed and perfect) that I needed (ahem, wanted) a house for the chair. Some people build houses for their dolls. Me. I build a house for a piece of furniture. Crazy, I know! :lol:

• Like 2

Apparently the 3D printer is still very expensive technology, but it does make truly lovely delicate items in that tiny scale.

True, they aren't cheap. But you can build them like a kit. My DH is planning to start building one for me maybe after the first of the year. He's been researching suppliers, etc. (Yes, he's wonderful)

My other wish list item is a laser cutter, also maybe after the first of the year. :)

Here's the quarter scale Little Pond Cottage and the wicker rocker signed by Claire Downard (I had to take pics). The detail on the rocker is amazing. The cushions are even soft to the touch!

post-15386-0-56684500-1385661051_thumb.jpost-15386-0-32929600-1385661135_thumb.j

I haven't built the house. That's the stock photo.

• Like 1

Both the house and the dhair are perfect; I see why you wanted to build a house for that chair. I have been wanting to build a Knowle settee ever since I saw one in a room setting in DHMS. I finally made one for the Fairfields. Of course, I had been wanting one in 1:12 scale...

• Like 1

Thanks for the great links Debora and Blondie! I am getting excited to set up my Christmas Village. I am thinking I will do it on Monday after the holiday weekend. :)

I have only used the quarter scale set of plastic furniture from HBS. I painted some of the pieces so they wouldn't all be the same brown color. It would be nice to have some of the laser cut furniture!

• Like 2

Thanks! I had so much fun putting it all up this morning. I never got out of my jammies and robe.......I went straight from breakfast to setting it up on the table.

It needs a little tweak here and there and I want to see if I can add some more of the battery lights! I have the third set to build but there isn't going to be enough room on that table for all of them. :p

• Like 1