Phoenix Miniatures

Lily Pily

I discovered this website yesterday for Phoenix miniatures http://www.phoenixmodeldevelopments.com/acatalog/index.html

And I have absolutely fallen in love with the detail on their pieces, but before I buy any I wanted to know, has anyone here had them before? How difficult is it to prepare and paint white metal miniatures?

Rachael, our own Grazhina carries some of the Pheonix kits in her store (New England Miniatures). I used to paint the white metal miniature figures for a friend of ours who played war games. I give them a spritz of flat gray aerosol primer and paint them with acrylic paints. I used to use super glue gel to assemble the parts, but since then I've discovered E6000!

Rachael, last summer I made my first one, heres a link to the questions and answers I got from the forum at that time. http://www.greenleaf...l=&fromsearch=1 I had great success with E6000 glue and I spray painted the parts before I assembled them and had no trouble getting them to stick to each other. The photo is the 1940s gas cooker I made. I bought my kit from New England Miniatures.

• Like 1

Rachael...first, the cat in your avatar is so beautiful! Also...Im sure its prob a good idea but I didn't use a spray primer first and I didnt need any special magnifying doodads...it really wasn't all that challenging. The cooker is so cute and I noticed one already built on ebay for a great price if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

the cat in your avatar is so beautiful!

Thanks :) Sadly he's getting old (he's 14) and not cleaning himself properly anymore or letting me brush him (without needing blood transfusions after) so I'm going to have to get him clipped, which I'm really dreading.

I've made a couple of Phoenix miniatures for my Haunted Heritage: an umbrella stand and a hob grate. I sprayed them both with copper spray paint and then used acrylic paint washes to age them. You have to give it light coats with spray paint since it can fill in the detail. I used grey primer on the umbrella stand but not the hob grate. Using the primer gave me better results. I would just stay away from glossy paints since they tend to be overpowering in small scale.