My Able Assistant is at it again....

uppitycats

If you go here http://community.webshots.com/user/uppitycats , click on my dollhouse and go to the new pictures (or last page of pictures), you'll see my assistant checking out the windows and floor joists of my Garfield...

He's gonna be REAL unhappy when the furniture gets put into place, and the house becomes off limits.. :D

I put on some gingerbread today, and my husband put on a bit more copper flashing (that's what got TabbyGrey interested -- BOTH his Big People were working there, together!! :D ) The porch railings and posts have been painted, and I hope to get that installed later in the week. In the meantime, all the doors, both inside and out have been installed, and a few bits of woodworking that I'd missed have been put in place. I've got edges cut for the...uh..edges, and I stained them tonight. One more coat and they'll be ready to be installed too (these are for the exposed edges as you look into the open side of the house.)

So -- another few things like that ..and we're done. Then TabbyGrey has to move OUT and the furniture and mini-cats can move in. THEN the fun should begin. My husband is already thinking about making some sort of plexiglass "windows" for the exposed side, to keep TabbyGrey and his 3 housemates from using the doll furniture as hocky pucks! :D

Anyway...thought you'd enjoy my helper....hey, a little cat fur adds to the ambience, don't you think??

uppitycats Posted you'll see my assistant checking out the windows and floor joists of my Garfield

Did you notice my assistant checking out the floors on our Garfield? I posted pictures yesterday. They could be related. :D

By the way your Garfield looks fantastic. I can only hope ours will come out half that good.

OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Wow! That house is huge! And gorgeous! Love the kitty, and it's proprietorial look! And that "what, you think you're getting ME out of this house"! LOL!

Love the kitty, and it's proprietorial look! And that "what, you think you're getting ME out of this house"! LOL!

<cackle> That's a look that you're accustomed to seeing, isn't it Linda? From the pictures of Chloe in various houses, you get that look a lot. :D

I'm lucky. Napoleon is claustrophobic so he doesn't even consider getting inside any of my houses. However, he does take his job of shedding seriously and feels that if a human leaves the house without being covered in cat fur, it indicates he is not fullfilling his catly responsibilities. He takes his feline duties quite seriously.

Deb

Yeah, cat fur is everywhere around here...I've got four of them, and they all love to shed. Actually my able assistant, TabbyGrey, sheds least. He has a very tight sleek coat, where the other are more "fluffy". My husband suggests I gather up the fur, wash it, and use it as pillow stuffing in the dollhouse...now THERE'S an idea! :D

Wow

I can see you have been working hard! I just love the way the house is coming together. Great job. Don't you just love the way the natural light comes through the windows? I think I will work on some curtains today. Haven't been in the mood lately, but maybe working on the dh is a good idea. Keep sending pics, I love looking at them :D

<cackle> That's a look that you're accustomed to seeing, isn't it Linda? From the pictures of Chloe in various houses, you get that look a lot. :D

Deb

LOL! Yes, it is a familiar look from Chloe. Surprisingly though, she won't go into the dollhouse workshop. I guess because mostly I'm in there and not her precious daddy. The sun rises and sets on him for her ... She does sit on the dining room table at the doors and awaits my return from the workshop though.

Your house is looking great :) , can't wait to see all the furniture and kitties in it :D .

Yeah, cat fur is everywhere around here...I've got four of them, and they all love to shed. Actually my able assistant, TabbyGrey, sheds least. He has a very tight sleek coat, where the other are more "fluffy". My husband suggests I gather up the fur, wash it, and use it as pillow stuffing in the dollhouse...now THERE'S an idea! :p

I know that all to well, Sniffer has such long fur that right now it's clumping up on him forming huge knots :( , it takes him a couple days but he ends up working them out onto the carpet :D . And of course the vacuum won't pick them up so I gave the job to Amber and the one day she picked up so much fur I could have made another cat :D:D .

Hmmm, you think one might be able to use the cat fur to create the furred minis as well ?!? I have a friend who uses wool to make mini dogs and cats, but could the "real thing" work as well you think?

Just curious.... Oh and I have read somewhere about a lady who will accept your bags of kitty/dog fur, spin into yarn and then either send you the skeins of yarn or will even knit sweaters and the likes.

Boy to I miss my little furbaby who went over the rainbow bridge almost two years ago!

Hugs