Stone Fairy House

LPCullen

I've been working on a Haunted House kit which I'm changing into a fairy house. I'm just about finished with the outside, and now I gotta figure out the inside. I know nothing about fairy houses, LOL, I just decided to play with this house and was using it as a guinea pig for my landscaping practice, stone practice, etc. Can you all look at this thing and tell me what kind of furnishings I should put in the house? Does a fairy house have a bathroom? What about kitchen/dining area? HELP ME please!!!! LOL!

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=5891

Ditto to what Pat said! :) The house is looking great so far.

I'm thinking for furniture, probably natural stuff, like leaves and wood and flowers maybe. Not sure about bathroom or kitchen, but not sure what other rooms you would have. I'm thinking at least a dining area though, guess that would be possible to combine with a small kitchen. I guess start making furniture and see what comes out!

• Like 1

Oh, I've never been good at making furniture, Bluebear, but I am good at buying it! If I could just get some ideas of things to get....

I know how you feel... :)

I'm not sure I've ever seen twig furniture for sale. So maybe instead get shimmery stuff, I think of pink and lavender and pearls. :)

Furnishings would depend on the kind of fairies they are. If they're traditional tiny winged critters who ride dragon flies I don't think they'd need a kitchen or a bathroom and furniture would be made of leaves and flower petals (thinking of Titania in the latest version of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" whose bed was a walnut shell). If they're the folklore faerie they would have enchanting cottages with magically gorgeous furnishings, so a flower-covered stone cottage with lovely furniture (thinking of Snow White and Rose Red, NOT Snow White & the 7 Dwarves"). Can you tell I was a huge Andrew Lang fan as a child?

• Like 1

Furnishings would depend on the kind of fairies they are. If they're traditional tiny winged critters who ride dragon flies I don't think they'd need a kitchen or a bathroom and furniture would be made of leaves and flower petals (thinking of Titania in the latest version of "A Midsummer Night's Dream" whose bed was a walnut shell). If they're the folklore faerie they would have enchanting cottages with magically gorgeous furnishings, so a flower-covered stone cottage with lovely furniture (thinking of Snow White and Rose Red, NOT Snow White & the 7 Dwarves"). Can you tell I was a huge Andrew Lang fan as a child?

Holly, the occupants/owners of the house are the ones you see on the horses in the last picture.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo *squeel* :banana: ...love this!! beautiful house so far, you can see how magical it will look just from the dirction you have taken with the land.

The occupants look like they would fit well with renaissance/ medieval furnure, it has just enough detail to look magical but maybe adding gold paint on some of the raised areas to make them really magic. not that I have any idea where to find that stuff =(

il_fullxfull.265205234.jpg

Edited by Jane S
  • Like 1

Thank you Sarah:-) Linda, if you dont want to make twig furniture you can always 'fairy~upcycle' regular furniture by painting it or covering with moss and vines. I did a mix in my house. Etsy is a good source if you want to buy any twig pieces, but they arent always listed under dollhouse miniatures, I just do a search for fairy or twig furniture.

• Like 1

I like the "English Tudor" direction as well but I'm also thinking a mixture of "shabby chic"-type furntiure with natural elements used in unusual ways - like tiny flat stones for plates, large leaves (fabric ones taken from fake flowers) used for bed covers, acorn or other nut shells used for bowls, cups, pots - depending on size, etc. I think the combination of natural and man-made elements could really work. It's looking so cute already. I can hardly wait to see its progress. - Marilyn

• Like 1