Has anyone done a painted ceiling?

PaperDoll

I'd like to have a very fancy painted ceiling in the living room of my French house.

I am not good at painting - in ANY scale.

I've been going over art books and Google Image Search trying to find good pictures of painted ceilings, ideally Baroque or Rococo. I'm having a hard time finding clear images taken straight on, rather than at an angle (the idea is to print them onto Bristol board, touch up where necessary, seal, and glue in place).

Any ideas? I'm also willing to use scrapbook paper, fabric, etc. if I can get the right motif in the right size (I especially like cherubs with fluffy clouds - no luck so far).

I haven't tried painted ceilings because I haven't had a house speak to me that wanted one; but I've done painted floors and used decoupage techniques. Look for baby shower giftwrap, wedding cards & papers, online for motives in paintings & illustrations to copy & print; Dover Publications includes books of copyright-free items that lately include CD-roms so you can print however mini you want. I paint the background color & any effects I want and then glue on the cutouts and add any more painted effects and then immerse the whole thing in coats of lacquer until the floor is even, letting each coat dry between and after the fifth coat's dry I begin sanding lightly with 000000 black sandpaper between every couple of coats, and the final coat gets a sanding with a piece of brown paper bag.

Maybe you can try something like this.

http://earthntree.co...sort=20a&page=2

There are matching wall panels as well. I'm sure I have seen a blue one, maybe with cherubs on it, but I sure can't find it now. I'll keep looking.

Here's a search form eBay, I searched for Ceiling Panel. You could probably just search for Ceiling too. There are a lot of nice panels on there that have painted looking scenes.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=ceiling+panel&_sacat=1202&_odkw=cherub&_sop=10&_osacat=1202&_sticky=1&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5710&_catref=1&_sc=1

I did "painted" ceilings for my Parisian Townhouse:

I had to do a pretty extensive Google images search to find something at the right angle and exposure. I googled some of my favorite chateaux (Vaux-le-Vicomte, Versailles, Chantilly, Residenz in Wurzburg).

Ive been thinking about trying this too. Maybe just some simple clouds to start with.

Another idea for a fancy ceiling though, Ive done a carved look with rubber stamps stamped into paperclay. I love the look.

Someone did that to make floor tiles, I don't recall if it was polymer clay or paper clay, but I seen to recall it was an article in an early issue of American Miniaturist.