Tin ceiling

Medieval

Lol.  Maybe I should get that one too.  I was looking at it when I got my "starter" books.  When I get home I can tell you which ones I have.  The last one I got is rug patterns for cross stitching.  I already cross stitch.  So I am looking forward to that finishing touch!

I'm not sure what a cricket or silhouette are, but I think my embossed rose gold foil paper came out pretty decent. Thanks for inspiration!

I found a metal sheet in 1 square inch design. I liked that as a stencil for embossing. But my hand is not happy doing a 12" by 12 " sheet non stop! Lol.

20191025_211310.jpg

20191025_231323.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/23/2019, 2:13:59, Elsbeth said:

I have an embosser - and used it with foil paper and I loved the look. However, I have always thought I'd do a "painted tin tile" ceiling - so I never fretted much about metal finish. Embossers are great and there are a lot of options for patterns.

I have a lot of patterns - I find myself liking the Spellbinder brand the best for minis - but anything can work. I also really like patterns like this for ceilings - 

NCraft-Embossing-folders-EM055-Plastic-E

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0718/6789/products/30023114_d304e042-c134-4dc8-aaf3-30ec7a2ebd6a_480x480.jpg?v=1533747776

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0077/4562/products/E116.jpg?v=1498576157

So may options! Have fun!

On 10/23/2019, 2:13:59, Elsbeth said:

I have an embosser - and used it with foil paper and I loved the look. However, I have always thought I'd do a "painted tin tile" ceiling - so I never fretted much about metal finish. Embossers are great and there are a lot of options for patterns.

I have a lot of patterns - I find myself liking the Spellbinder brand the best for minis - but anything can work. I also really like patterns like this for ceilings - 

NCraft-Embossing-folders-EM055-Plastic-E

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0718/6789/products/30023114_d304e042-c134-4dc8-aaf3-30ec7a2ebd6a_480x480.jpg?v=1533747776

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0077/4562/products/E116.jpg?v=1498576157

So may options! Have fun!

So, now I have my "depth" how would I glue it to ceiling. I just realized everything I have seen or read says to use a credit card to scrap the wallpaper free of air bubbles and then coat with modge podge. Do I still do that?

1 hour ago, Medieval said:

So, now I have my "depth" how would I glue it to ceiling. I just realized everything I have seen or read says to use a credit card to scrap the wallpaper free of air bubbles and then coat with modge podge. Do I still do that?

I'm still a YES paste user - though I know some folks have had bad experiences with it - I don't know why it works for me, but it does. Maybe I don't do as much building (I really do more smaller scale). Anyway - my issue with Mod podge is that it seems to wrinkle - and I rarely have the patience to wait for the wrinkles to dry and straighten (they will in most cases), and I freak out and start over-fixing it...and then it really does wrinkle. But I never have that issue with Yes. So...I guess we need more answers on the glue part of this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Medieval said:

:hmm: I see you ironing out all of the embossing with a credit card. You may want to make a template of the ceiling in a light card stock (think file folder) and glue the embossed piece to it. Then use a white glue to stick it to the ceiling. I wouldn't smear the glue all over but put it on in dots. If you intersperse with dots of super glue get, you'll only have to hold it gently in place for a few minutes, then leave it to dry overnight. The super glue will hold it until the white glue dries. 

And I wouldn't coat with Modge Podge, which sometimes doesn't quite dry all the way and/or may yellow with age. 

• Like 1