Greenleaf's Sixth Annual Spring Fling Contest

That fire is awesome!

Well, nothing like waiting till the last minute :wacko: My Fling has changed colors...again...thank goodness it's just the wallpaper! I also had to scrap part of my build thanks to a certain basset hound whose favorite thing is wood :furious: Fortunately, I am still on track to finish on time :banana: I'm afraid mine won't be as fancy as some of you guys, but I really like it :wub:

Wow Keli..... you certainly know to light a fire........... I can't wait to see what you have made - a secret garden?? a room with a view?? whatever it will be, it will be brilliant i think...

Mine is reasonably basic in comparison I think.. I have tried to use as many basic materials as possible..

Taking photo's as I go along, but as Jo said.. it is a struggle.. my camera is quite a simple camera and getting all the angles to show up good is difficult..

My project is pretty basic too, I kept it clean and simple....nothing fancy about mine.

I'm getting impatient to see what everybody came up with, I love to see all the different interpretations of the same kit.

My favorite camera is being fussy. I know it's old and tired, but I'm hoping it holds out another couple of weeks, because I don't have practice shooting minis with my little vacation camera. Technically the little camera should take better pictures because the specs are better (it's newer), but I haven't had good luck with it yet.

It's always neat to see what everyone came up with, I'm pretty eager to see all the eye candy.

I have to confess, I'm eager to move on to my next project(s). Normally I allow myself to skip around and do a few random minis just because I feel like it, but I focused on the fling solely this summer. September is going to be a very random mini month!

• Like 3

My idea was a pretty obvious one. I struggled to think of something innovative and different so I went with the obvious but went to town on the fancying up part. I tried to keep it small this year as I am not sure where its going to live.

Taken lots of photos so far and I think I have my 3 pics (well for today anyway)

I'm also keen to move on as I've spent the best part of this summer on the fling - need to stock up my Etsy shop I think, its very stale.

Fling on everyone and good luck.

• Like 1

Just spent a pleasant half hour over my morning coffee going through last year's spring fling entries. There were some awesome entries last year but I was surprised that there were only 27 in total. I wonder if a smaller and less expensive kit, plus the additional creating time will mean a bigger entry this year - I hope so. I drool through all the entries for this and the Miniatures.com Creatin Contest - even though I've never entered that one as I just love to see how different the same kit can be. Ooh its getting exciting now, just a couple more weeks to go.(claps hands and goes off to do some much needed housework)

• Like 2

I'm hoping for more entries this year too.

After last year's monster I decided to stay small and simple with the kit this year and focus on flawless (hopefully!) execution. Also...no machinery!

The extra build time has been nice, I've been able to spend Saturday mornings out shopping with my husband, and when my daughter has wanted some togetherness I've snuggled up in bed with her to watch Doctor Who DVDs. Last year I was basically out of commission for three months while I slaved away at the mill.

I've got a few odds and ends to do to finish my SF. I can show it as is if I need to, what's left on my to-do list is just little fussy accessorizing stuff. I'm taking a vacation the last week of August to finish the fussiness at my leisure and to take my time with the photographs. Last year I was in a frantic rush at the end.

I really like how mine as turned out...everyone that sees it says it's their favorite of my houses. I'm quite proud of it. Whether I place in the contest or not I've already won...know what I mean?

• Like 2

I am hoping to be done by Sunday or Monday. I feel the same way as April...I've really enjoyed this build but I am ready to move on. :) The Heritage is calling me!

Speaking of, last night mom and I swapped the Heritage and the SF. I have better lighting for photos in my dining room. Now the Heritage is looming in the breakfast area of my kitchen. The SF looks so tiny on the dining room table. :lol:

• Like 1

The SF looks so tiny on the dining room table. :lol:

Oh, but now you can see all four sides more easily! It's hard to think of your SF as having a prominent side - it's an all-around wonder!

Oh, but now you can see all four sides more easily! It's hard to think of your SF as having a prominent side - it's an all-around wonder!

Well, now that's a hint that will get 'em thinking! :shifty:

I am loving reading and staying up to date with all the SF chatter. Been busy, busy, busy... I think I am finally seeing I will be able to finish on time. There is still so much to do, but I think I can, I think I can.... :bounce8:

It will be so exciting seeing everyone's SF's. I can't wait. The best thing I love about miniatures, is you can envision a design and you can end up creating that design. Not sure if you understand what I mean, but I am loving working with my miniatures and designing what my mind has created. And can't wait to see all of the other designs. Spring on everyone, off to play in some paint. :bigwink: