Shadow Box

Minis On The Edge

Well, I have been quiet today because I have actually been playing

:D. Sometimes, I forget about all of these ideas I have running in my head because I have so many other projects to finish. Today, I decided to do something FUN.

I had bought about 4 Shadow Boxes in different sizes (Starting about a year ago). Today I decided to make a Miniature scene inside of one. I took a leftover Glencroft door (It was an inside door) and a little bit of imagination and came up with this:

CLICK HERE

I really had some fun. I think the next time I will light it by having a coach light and a inside light (Different scene)

:p

What fun things have you all been up too? Oh, I guess I will catch up on some reading and find out :lol:

Tracy, I was just in the Gallery and saw your shadow box! It's wonderful! I just love it!

I'm glad you were able to take some time for yourself and have some fun! Good for you!! :lol:

Thank You Teresa & Jamie!!

It was super fun. My husband left this morning looking at me weird cause I was excited about this "Frame" (That's what he called it :lol: ). When he came home I had already painted it and I just spent about 1 hour adding the flowers and trees.

I took it in the bedroom to show him and he said " Now how did you finished that so fast"? He thought it looked pretty cool because it's not too big. It's only 10" high x 8" wide and 2.5" deep.

Tracy, it looks bigger in the pictures! I can't believe you did that in only one day!! :lol: You are so talented and I always look forward to what surprise you have in store for us next!! :D

I tried to make it look bigger by adding a lot to the scene :p I am glad that it worked in tricking the eye :lol: It was so much fun, I almost want to do another one. Oh I went shopping while I waited for the clay to dry and when I came back it still was damp so I took out my hairdryer to dry it so I could finish it. I got too much running around to do tomorrow so I wanted it finished today :D

Tracy, it's beautiful and imaginative and just wonderful! You're *such* a creative and talented lady. I love the composition of the scene too. It stimulates the imagination and it's got that nostalgic charm to it. Simply wonderful!

Deb

Tracy that's just darling!!! Very nice, warm and inviting. And you're doing a couple more, too? What a nice wall grouping that would make. Can't wait to see the next one in the series :D

I kinda giggled when I read that you want to add in a coach lamp on the next one -- my last real house had coach lamps on the front porch and each spring I had tiny sparrow's nests on top of them. Of course they laid eggs as soon as the nest was complete so we couldn't remove them :p Whenever I add that type of lamp on a mini house, it doesn't look complete --- I always think the lamp needs a nest :lol:

That is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the photo. It truly looks like something I would see for sale at a gallery in the French Quarter for tons of money. I'm so impressed with all of your work. It was actually your gallery photos that "sealed the deal" for me to get into this hobby, by the way. Your work is inspiring to say the VERY least.

Tracy,

I've never been big on shadow boxes - I guess I must lack imagination because this one is Awesome! From now on I think I'll be looking at shadow boxes in a different way. What a gorgeous scene!!! I love it!

-David :lol:

what a great idea!

of course you always have wonderful ideas and the means to make them jump out at us and say boo!

I love it!

it looks wonderful!

could we have a tutorial or kit for this?

I would love one for a wreatrh for the Holidays!

nutti :lol:

I want to create a kit for our medieval swap items and this was my quick test to see how I can do something (to see if it could be done and explained really ) and I think we could do it.

I want to do a "cottage" door and a "Manor" door scene kit too. I will have to see though about dates because it's raining here and the roofer can't do anything to our house which has put us one week behind already for our move!

:lol:

uuuuggggg for you!

I am very excited to hear you are thinking kits and such for this idea!

it really is a great idea!

if mine turned out half as nice I would be very pleased!

nutti :lol:

Oh Tracy, my first thought was this has got to lead to a beautiful flower garden. A little "hide away" from the hectic life. I love it. I agree with everyone on what a multi-talented lady you are.

Ditto for me! :D Peggy's comment made me think of Alice - and the little door that led to the garden! I want to see the rest of your doors - please find time to make them! :lol: (I bow to your talent.)

Tracy you've given me a wonderful idea for a Christmas present for my sister in law. We aren't that close, but I never noticed that she was "into" faries until recently. My Brother is more crafty than she, and began askig me about my dollhouse. He recently made his wife a little fairy house for outside. I could do something similar to what you have done, maybe even in a bigger size shaddow box and make it more like those fairy doors in Ann Arbour. Mich. where the door can be opened and you can see inside! And itf it comes out too good I can't give it to her! LOL :lol:

Thanks for the inspiration Tracy!!