What do I have?

crowgirl

Hello All,

I too have bee searching the internet for info, and it led here. I have a Hofco (Howlett Furniture Co.) dollhouse kit, #121. I did not find the instructions, though I did not go through the box.

I have had it in the box since about 1983.

So far I have not seen any reference to this model, anyone have information to offer?

The doors (2) do not have windows, 3 staircases, 2 double chimneys, small 2x2 ish windows, think there are 6, tall windows, 2x5ish. I stopped looking there.

I appreciate your wisdom.

Hi Dona,

I remembered reading this article when I was researching a Hofco house. I found it again, from 2008, but maybe the family can still be contacted. It was a small business here in MD. Hofco

They did a house that resembled one I saw online from an antiques dealer and I fell in love with it. I don't know if it was the same house for certain but it was definitely similar.

post-3544-0-14185700-1314709844_thumb.jp

post-3544-0-28610100-1314709866_thumb.jp

post-3544-0-96704400-1314709877_thumb.jp

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I'm sorry to be coming in on this so late, but the house you have is the Barbara Fritchie House. The picture I'm including was taken from my catalog and may not be the greatest, but you can at least see what it is supposed to look like. It is 33 1/2" H x 32" W x 23" 1/4 D. 7 rooms, 1/4" and 3/8" birch and fir plywood. It's a New Orleans style house with pine moldings and 3 stairways with railings. House will accept Houseworks windows and doors. 10" ceilings. Catalog #121.

And just to be accurate, the company was actually called The Holweck Furniture Co, Inc. By the way, just in case anyone is interested or runs across this, Duracraft used to be known as the R. B. Howell Company waaaay back when. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, I believe the real Fritchie house was something the company owner's mother admired as a child and the original doll house model was built for her. She is now in her eighties and the house is on display in their home.

Regards,

JBTINMD

Maybe it was first made for her or she always wanted one in that style? Good luck building it!

Thats a wonderful house. Love it!!

Hi! I'm sorry to be coming in on this so late, but the house you have is the Barbara Fritchie House. The picture I'm including was taken from my catalog and may not be the greatest, but you can at least see what it is supposed to look like. It is 33 1/2" H x 32" W x 23" 1/4 D. 7 rooms, 1/4" and 3/8" birch and fir plywood. It's a New Orleans style house with pine moldings and 3 stairways with railings. House will accept Houseworks windows and doors. 10" ceilings. Catalog #121.

And just to be accurate, the company was actually called The Holweck Furniture Co, Inc. By the way, just in case anyone is interested or runs across this, Duracraft used to be known as the R. B. Howell Company waaaay back when. Just thought I'd throw that in there.