I just bought two more dollhouse kits...!!!

ladybug324

Last night I went and bought two more dollhouse kits from Joann's website. I just went on there to "look" - and when I saw that they were having an online special of free shipping (ending at midnight, which was about 20 minutes away for me at the time), I went ahead and bought two dollhouses.

One is the Harrison and the other is the Aster Cottage. These two I'm planning on kitbashing and turning into Japanese homes.

After I did it, I was like - "Omg, did I just buy TWO more dollhouses??? I've barely started the one I've got!!!!" I haven't yet broken the news to my boyfriend, but I doubt he'll be exceptionally thrilled about it. Oh, well. :)

I'm turning into a dollhouse nut. :lol:

P.S. I just went on Joann's again today and they're having a 40% off special through next Wednesday (Aug. 23).

!HEY NOW!

how do you know how I feel?

hmmmmmmmm??

roflmbo :)

congrats on the new real estate.

I look forward to doing the Harrison but the Aster is on my drool for list.

cant wait to see

nutti :lol:

:lol: :):(

teehee...

Well, I think I will start with the Aster first. But this probably won't be until way down the road when I've got my Pierce pretty much near completion. This will give me time to do research on Japanese homes, figure out what I want to do, buy the things I need for it, etc. But I definitely can't wait! :lol:

Wow, lucky you Brenda! But you really are getting into this addiction like the rest of us. I have two dollhouses I am working on, two in the box waiting, a roombox that someone gave me, and I'm still shopping!

Enjoy

Just think, you are at the beginning of your dollhouse addiction Uhhh Errr Umm, I mean hobby :lol: soon you'll need a new room and space to stash your houses and that is when you'll know you are truly feel you are addicted :) .

Way to go Brenda!! :) I have the Aster just patiently waiting in it's little 'ol box until I get the Orchid, BH reno and Canterbury/Buttercup bashed "Hyacinth's Tea Cottage" completed. Then there's the Willowcrest and Pierce begrudgingly looking at me from their places in the closet. So much to do, so little time!! :( After 'Hyacinth's' I think I'm going to start on the Willowcrest . . . I absolutely love that house and already have it built and decorated in my mind (where all good things live)!!

Did someone say addiction? . . . no . . . couldn't be!! :lol:

Congrats on your new houses Brenda :lol: . They are both beautiful houses, but I'm partial to the harrison, because I have one :lol: . It will be really neat to see them turned into Japanese homes. I'm slowly bashing mine (if you look in my gallery you'll see what I mean) I don't know what I'm doing with it yet, I'm torn between a single family home or a bed and breakfast. It'll come to me before I finish, I hope :):( . Oh and BTW welcome to the forum :D , a little late I know but real life and kids :lol: have been limiting my time on here lately.

And your not a nut, your just enjoying your new hobby :lol: .

Did we mention that this hobby is addictive? oops too late :lol:

-David :lol:

Yeah, now you tell me! I innocently bought one house last September and not even a year later I've built 10 houses and quit my day job. Addictive? <cackle> Try "obsessive". :):( :lol:

This will give me time to do research on Japanese homes, figure out what I want to do, buy the things I need for it, etc.

That's a good idea coz oriental minis are hard to find. I bashed the Coventry into a Japanese Edo-period house and ended up making almost all of the furnishings as well. If it would help you, I have tutorials for the furnishings at: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/blog/deb/index.php? and the blog for the Coventry bash and landscaping at: http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/b...ndex.php?cat=57

Deb

Last night I went and bought two more dollhouse kits from Joann's website. I just went on there to "look" - After I did it, I was like - "Omg, did I just buy TWO more dollhouses??? I've barely started the one I've got!!!!"

P.S. I just went on Joann's again today and they're having a 40% off special through next Wednesday (Aug. 23).

ROFL! That's how it begins ...

ROFL! That's how it begins ...

shhhh I wasnt gonna tell her that!

of course if she ever finds the thread about how many houses some here have she will think she is far behind and needs to play catch up and than she really will be LOST in our addiction...errmmm Hobby!

soon you'll need a new room and space to stash your houses and that is when you'll know you are truly feel you are addicted :) .

tee hee :p

actually, i already have my own room for making dollhouses. so i guess it's kinda too late! lol!

Yeah, now you tell me! I innocently bought one house last September and not even a year later I've built 10 houses and quit my day job. Addictive? <cackle> Try "obsessive". :lol: :D ;)

Deb

Hmm, I have a feeling I may be on that same boat!! :p Is there room on there for me?? :D i've already been thinking about how i'd rather stay at home and work on dollhouses and minis all day!

shhhh I wasnt gonna tell her that!

of course if she ever finds the thread about how many houses some here have she will think she is far behind and needs to play catch up and than she really will be LOST in our addiction...errmmm Hobby!

;) lol!!!!! :D

now that you've piqued my curiosity...i wouldn't mind reading that thread. (or should i dare??)

Oh you think two is bad I have about 11 now, 9 still in boxes. :lol:

You are in no way a nutcase at the Greenleaf forum. People who never experience the adrenalin rush and the enthusiasm of making a doll house may question our sanity but I am telling you doll houses are addictive. You buy one you end up buying two, then three, thirty etc and they are such a positive thing but be warned. You may probably wake up one morning and think about selling your sofa, tables, husband and any other obstacle that is in your path to make room for a Marquam Hill mansion or a Beacon Hill. :lol:

Congratulations on your new houses! Have fun building them...I see a definite pattern in all of these posts...I think anyone who is into dollhouses, has had the addiction since childhood, becomes obsessed with planning, building, creating and one house is never enough! I am currently working on The Orchid...but I do have The Primrose Cottage waiting patiently in the wings....and I am itching to buy yet another! (although I do need to find a job first!) LOL!! I love/hate JoAnn's! It's where I bought both houses...and ya can't beat the deals available.. I bought both of my houses at 50% off! Can't wait to see your finished homes!

Brenda Brenda Brenda.

What will really clinch your addiction is when you start going KooKoo for dh furniture! And pots, plates, plants, rugs, people, etc etc.

I was on ebay yesterday just looking ( I swear on the dollhouse bible i was just looking) and hubby comes over and stops and gives me a look! I had to say *i like to look to see how they decorate their houses!*

That is half the story..I am also looking for another house to adopt!

I started with 1 house I bought on ebay for a song. Now I have 3 (1" scale) and 2 smaller dhs in my home. I scour yard sales and thrift stores to see if I can find something..anything...house.mini..something small that can be turned into a mini.

It is a sickness..I am glad there isnt a cure!

Aint life grand when you find a new hobby to go nuts over? Shortly after I rediscovered the hobby I purchased Victoria's Farmhouse, the Front opening Montgomery, the Magnolia and Shadybrook Cabin. Then I won a Tennyson on Ebay - and I already had a San Franciscan and several Ashley's & Sweethearts in the closet from garage sale finds, etc.!

And I still have my eyes on maybe getting the Federal Manor and Beacon Hill in the not too far off future. But first I gotta get some of these built! :lol:

Oh, yes...I've been holding off (a little impatiently, I might add...I truly just want to start a buying frenzy on all the pieces I've seen that I like) on getting dh furniture until I know for sure how my Pierce is going to take shape/look like. But I have bought a few here and there, just little stuff.

As for the Federal Manor and the Beacon Hill...I would LOVE to have those too. But those are going to have to stay on my wish list for quite awhile, I think. :lol:

P.S. Lisa ~ are you planning on going to the Seattle Dollhouse Show? I really can't wait to go! I've also heard about the dollhouses at the Puyallup Fair. All these years I've been going, and I don't think I've ever been inside the Hobby Hall. I've been to all the other places at the Fair except the Hobby Hall. Now I"m scratching my head wondering why. :lol: Oh, well...for sure this year I will make a direct beeline to the Hobby Hall! :D

Y`all make me so jealous! :lol:

There are no mini shows within spitting distance of New England! At all.

I cant even find a decent store to buy minis.

You would think they would have in Boston at least. Or Rhode Island. But noooo.

Are there any in NYC?

P.S. Lisa ~ are you planning on going to the Seattle Dollhouse Show? I really can't wait to go! I've also heard about the dollhouses at the Puyallup Fair. All these years I've been going, and I don't think I've ever been inside the Hobby Hall. I've been to all the other places at the Fair except the Hobby Hall. Now I"m scratching my head wondering why. ;) Oh, well...for sure this year I will make a direct beeline to the Hobby Hall! :blink:

I'm hoping to be able to attend the Seattle show in September (all fingers & toes crossed) but it all depends on my work schedule... :lol:

I did go to the show this past March (they hold two a year) and I was like a kid in a candy store!!! There are a lot of vendors with hadncrafted items and some of them are so realistic it is amazing. More than once I stood in front of a booth and just went "ohhhhhhhh" in awe of their talents!

When you go - be sure to take plenty of cash - most of the vendors (that I would've bought more from) did not take credit cards.

I haven't been to the Puyallup fair in years - but I didn't know they had dollhouses!!!

Y`all make me so jealous! ;)

There are no mini shows within spitting distance of New England! At all.

I cant even find a decent store to buy minis.

You would think they would have in Boston at least. Or Rhode Island. But noooo.

Are there any in NYC?

Heidi, I bet if you check the N.A.M.E. website calendar, you'll find something within "spitting distance", so to speak. (National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts)

I just checked their website and found quite a few not too, too far away from you! :blink: :lol:

OMG! They have an annual summer show every July in Mystic CT! That is spitting distance!!!

But it was canceled. I emailed the woman to see if there are going to be any others in Connecticut.

Oh, there is one coming to Danbury (danbury ct fall miniature fair) on October 15!!!!! And they have a coupon so you can get in for $1!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

oh a first show!

I was sooo excited about being in Chicago in march...it was a total imersion in the miniature world and I loved every moment.

I am planning on attending the KC Pets on Parade show in sept.

looking for that special light for the inside of my lighthouse. and perhaps some furnishings also.

wish I could take one of their classes but one day away is all I will be able to take.

and you know Im looking forward to that!

nutti ;)

Hi Congratulations on your houses! It's always fun to know that you have bought a new pretty house and that it (or them) are on the way!

I have just a few houses myself (okay, i don't know how many for sure but with Andrews and my kits combined its around 50)....it's an addiction for sure! Welcome to this neat hobby!

I'm right here with ya! I'm on ebay night and day shopping for dollhouse furniture. A couple of weeks ago Hobby Lobby had 50% all dollhouse items, I was like a baby in a candy store :blink:. I just recieved a 40% off coupon, and I'm just itching to buy a new house with it even though I'm not finished with my current one. I just won a porch swing and two plant stands off of ebay!{ Dancin Jiggs} ;)