Medieval/Gothic/Renaissance Swap Sign-up

LPCullen

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that. Let's try again

LUTE INFO

:lol: Hate to tell you this, Tracy, but I still get a google error message -- says it's translating then goes into the error msg screen. Luckily I didn't plan to make one :) but I know David will be crushed. :(

Linda, I'm getting nervous about the number of people signing up. Do you ever split the swap into groups?

If not, I'm going to have to get myself into high gear!!! Ahhh well...maybe it will be good for me...working under a deadline once again! :lol: :):(

The number is limited to 15, if that helps you any.

Boy I wish I could be in this one but not with my work schedule. I'll be tied up completely until November. But I can't wait to see what everyone makes.

That lute looks pretty easy to do. I really like it, maybe after Halloween is over, and I'm unemployed again.

• 2 weeks later...

I started working on my idea for this swap last night. I'm making one as a learning piece first. I did research on the Internet to try to find ideas for gothic art, architecture, styles, tapestries, furniture, etc. And I found something that I thought I could convert to a mini. It even came with the plans for it (but in real-world scale of course).

So last night I converted the measurements to 1/12 scale, drew out my own plans in Photoshop, printed out a stencil template, and began cutting out the pieces last night. But drat! My dremel's batteries died so I had to stop prematurely. Which is probably a good thing because I probably would've kept going all night! :)

I am very excited about this project!! :)

Ok, I had my project all planned -- even got my supplies -- now I've been inspired by something and I'm going to try something entirely different...something I've never done before. Oooo...gotta get more supplies :D

• 4 weeks later...

My swap items are done... I had a great idea and it worked out. That almost never happens.

Now I have to get something to mail them in and they will be off to Nutti.

Hi folks!

it has occured to me that not everyone may know we had 2 more swapers join us on the last day of sign ups

our swap count is 12....you need to make and send 12 items to me nutti/Lynette

and if you PM Ill give you my snail mail addy

nutti :blink: