Fairfield Tower Question

kawinkle

I am considering purchasing the Fairfield here shortly and have been eyeballing all the eyecandy photos of it. I have noticed it is a "secret" tower room, but has anyone cut a small opening of any kind from the attic to provide access? Seems odd that the tower room is not accessible from the attic space because in reality that room would be inaccessible by inhabitants of the little house. :idea:

People have done this. You might want to check out this thread, there are links to a bunch of Fairfield galleries. One might have a picture of what you're asking for.

I pretend there's a trap door leading up to the tower. Someday I might add a faux trap door to the ceiling below to give that appearance. I had made the tower into the laundry room, which was a joke on me since I hate doing laundry. (How can it get done if there's no way into the room?!) But I'm going to move the washer and dryer into the Rosedale, so for now my tower is empty.

EDIT: Here's one in smallhouset's gallery.

And here are two others (they're on the Yahoo Half Scale group so I'm not positive you'll be able to see them without being logged in?): inside | outside (the tower roof isn't on in this picture but you can see how the extended walls look from outside)

Those two are of Pam Junk's Fairfield, she does beautiful work!

1/2 scale yahoo group? Sounds interesting. Do you have the link for the group? I can see the pictures but it only shows the pics and no identifying information to locate the group. :idea:

When I built the two Fairfields, making one almost the mirror-image of the other, on the rightsideout FF I left off the house-side wall and extended the roof and made that third floor tower room a servants' bathroom/ utility room with a curtained doorway. In the insideout FF I removed the third floor and hung a Foucault's Pendulum from the tower ceiling that hangs to the first floor. When I'll be home long enough I'll try to finish the roll of film I have going for the finished bash.

If you look closely the Sherwin Williams website, on the house similar to the Fairfield, you can see a roof line that appears that there is an extension from the area where the roof lines join (or the valley). This would put a doorway in the back corner of the tower in the real house. I plan on trying this option for access when I start my Fairfield.

Click on Victorian from the Exterior Scenes List on the Left side of the page.

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/visualizer/

• 4 weeks later...