Doubting East Side Townhouse selection

jrchob

After reading some of the posts, I am not sure whether to start the Townhouse. I have completed the Princess Anne and Victoria's Farmhouse with few construction problems. I could save the townhouse for my dollhouse after the granddaughters are completed! Any words of wisdom would greatly be appreciated. Right now it is still in the box. Thanks, Janet

Oh Janet, I want that Eastside Townhouse SO bad. Please keep us posted on the construction process. I was thinking of doing mine and making it into some type of boutique with living quarters. (I love that show, "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" and wanted to create a boutique like "Dash" and have a young girl living in the same vicinity.

Oh Bre! That sounds like a really cool idea! Janet, I hope that you do build it! Just think how pretty it will look and how much you are going to enjoy it! It is the challenge that all us love here. Knowing that something maybe just a little bit hard and then going for it!

I love the idea of boutique with living quarters! I am always up for a challenge-not extreme frustration. I got the "whatever dear" from my husband when I laid some groundwork about going to Hobby Lobby with 40% coupon for The Painted Lady. I will make the townhouse. Just a matter of when. I will continue to mull it over as I shovel the sidewalk! Thanks, Janet

Update- I did end up buying The Painted Lady and am quite excited about building her. However, I did decide to use a monochromatic color scheme. I also ordered a copper roll to use with this one. (The East Side Townhouse I think will be mine!) Janet

Oh my....to ownthat East Side Townhouse is my fondest desire...I do so love that house. Dunno if I"ll ever be able to afford it though. Times are tough and Zeb and I are tightening our belts as it is.

PULEEESE post pics of it while you're working on it. I want to drool all over those pics. What size did you get, the 1:12 or the 1:24?

*wiping up drool already*

Jeanne

• 3 weeks later...

Janet, this would make the perfect house to 'keep for yourself'. It opens at the front, will be a stationary item that can be placed like a piece of furniture..and has oodles of space to fill up with goodies! I say make that house NOW!

Woot! Addendum...I got this house! I agree with Sherry, these should be lined up, several together, for a really awesome effect. But oh, my they are big. 52 inches high? That's almost as tall as I am!

I think when I do mine, I'm going to add doors against the back wall, as if there are rooms further behind the actual back of the house. These houses would have been several rooms deep. Doorways in the halls will do the trick, and perhaps one or two here and there in a room.

I'm still toying with keeping the Bellz sisters in business..but I've been thinking about a new story line of late, so stay tuned. Things can change quickly in the magical world. The sisters may yet add to their little family, and the next family member will not be a spinster.

I won't start this one till Tilly is pretty much finished. I need to clear her out to make room for this one.