I got a Bostonian!!! :)

minifan

So this am I was scouring Craigslist (like usual), looking for that "deal of the century"...and...I found it!!!

About an hour and 45 mins. away a guy had a Bostonian, (built) up on Craigslist at a great price...I emailed, and then called...we were going to get together Wed., (because that's the earliest I could)...and then my dh said that I should try to meet with him today...so I called back, went down and picked it up!!!

It's in my garage as we speak...it needs A LOT of work...but at the deal I got, I'm super stoked!!! (half of his listing price!!!)...

It's painted yellow with white trim right now, that will change...it's going to be blue...and the third floor, (although put together) is not glued to the first and second floors...so it's a separate piece...it's very dirty and probably needs all new windows, but at this price it's perfect!!!

I will assess more tonight and post pics if you are interested... :)

The inside is BLANK!!! it's not MDF, it's the plywood, so that's even better...

~ Amanda

Woot! Way to go! Yup, the feeling when you get the dh of your dreams off Craigslist, is like plunking your fishing line in the water and coming up with a HUGE TROUT instead of a catfish.

Ok, you know you have to post pictures asap, right? Right!

Woot!

:)

OH it's a BEAST!!!

All the windows have issues...they all need to be replaced...

I told my dh that I wouldn't start working on it until after our basement was finished...(well, he left for work so what he doesn't know, won't hurt him!!!)...

I had him bring it in the house, and I tore into it, the moment he drove out of the driveway!!! :D I got the first and second floor separated and I took the roof off of the third floor, vaccumed, dusted and destroyed it!!! I broke out the hammer and chucked each and every window out...(in the process I broke some of the siding...)...the kit looks like it would have been a smooth plywood, because the siding is not milled in, it's on in sheets...so I am tearing up what I broke and just replacing those sheets...

I need a new tower and I need possibly a new roof, (the shingle job is horrid and coming apart)...so because the kit was cheap enough it will afford me the possibility of all new windows, new doors, new stairs, and a new roof!!! It is also missing all the spindles and such, but that's easy enough to buy from HBS...

OH ME OH MY!!! What have I gotten myself into??? OH, BUT I'M SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! :)

Ok, you know you have to post pictures asap, right? Right!

They are up!!!

I don't know how soon I can actually work on it...the best news is that HBS has a 20% sale right now...so I've got to do some deciding before that runs out...and we have to finish our basement re-model, as that is the new home of the craft room!!!

But as soon as that's done, and my mom's birthday present, (the FF) is done, I'M ON IT!!!

O.K., so I figured out that when you have a beast of a dollhouse sitting in your house, and you can't move it yourself, push the beast in front of the television cable box, so when your husband comes home, sits in his favorite chair and can't change the channel, he will help you move it to the down cellar!!!

In addition to sliding around this massive dh kit today, I took off all of the shingles!!!!

I was sooo afraid that in addition to needing all new windows that I was also going to need a new third floor!!! But I got all the bad shingle job off of the roof pieces, so I'm stoked!!! There are a couple more small sections to go, easy enough, but my daughter went down for the night and using the hammer after bedtime is never a good thing!!!

Love the colors. Showing my ignorance but what house is this? It is gorgeous!!!

This style house is the RGT Newport...the image is from their website...these colors are HUGE inspiration for me...I think I refer to them in every build!!! :D