My Winter Contest Orchid

Anne

Hello everyone! I'm already at my summer cottage at Lower Austria and enjoying my holidays. I'm here at Vienna just for the day. Later I will go back to my summer house where I don't have internet. :D But I thought I had to share my building progress. =) Yes, I have finally started to build my Winter Contest Orchid on last Sunday! =) I will post pics of the progress in my album. I so love building it! And it's such a fun to sit in the garden while building! :D I have messed around a bit with the glue. But I'm still happy with the results. It's going very fast. I'm already printing out wallpaper and I will start to electrify it very soon. It's my first kit ever - but I think the Orchid isn't that difficult to build. So I hope it will turn out nice! :lol:

Take care everyone! I will try to come to the forum as often as possible during my holidays to share my progress pics!

Hello everyone! I'm already at my summer cottage at Lower Austria and enjoying my holidays. I'm here at Vienna just for the day. Later I will go back to my summer house where I don't have internet. :( But I thought I had to share my building progress. =) Yes, I have finally started to build my Winter Contest Orchid on last Sunday! =) I will post pics of the progress in my album. I so love building it! And it's such a fun to sit in the garden while building! ;) I have messed around a bit with the glue. But I'm still happy with the results. It's going very fast. I'm already printing out wallpaper and I will start to electrify it very soon. It's my first kit ever - but I think the Orchid isn't that difficult to build. So I hope it will turn out nice! :blink:

Take care everyone! I will try to come to the forum as often as possible during my holidays to share my progress pics!

Good luck with the Orchid. I hope I can start my soon too.

I so enjoy building the Orchid. It's such a cute dollhouse and so easy to build. I have already nearly finished the kitchen and now I'm working on the class room. I have already electrified the house but the switches don't work cause I couldn't figure out how to install them. They are just decoration now. I have posted some pics in my album. Tell me what you think! ^_^

Anya, have you already started your Orchid?

I'm so glad you like my walls. It's a lot of work to make them but I think it's worth the effort. I will put some new pics in my album now. I have finished the class room, kitchen and bathroom. Just still need to make the ceilings and install the lamps. And I have started the bedroom yesterday. I hope I can finish the interior very soon. After it I can finish the exterior. And I'm planning to make a little garden too.

Anne I am so impressed with how well your house is turning out!

I LOVE all of the papers and the floors in your house. where do you shop?

it is absolutely wonderful!

great job!

nutti :D

Thank you so much everyone for your nice comments. I will update my album later today. Nutti, I have designed or better customized all of the wallpapers of my dollhouses on the computer. And the other accessories are from a German online mini shop. I always try to buy stuff that matches the time period I'm trying to represent. I think I will install the lamps this weekend, can't wait to see the house light. =) I so love my little Orchid, it's such a cute house. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to let you know that I have updated my album. The Orchid is now nearly finished. I still have to add some furniture and decorate the garden. Well, still a lot to do... :lol:

Anne, your orchid is a little jewel! The detailing and upgrading is perfect ... and obviously accomplished with much skill and love ...

Can't wait to see what you do to the outside!

• 2 weeks later...

I have again updated my gallery. Now most of the rooms are completly furnished. I have also added pics of my Orchid's new resident. My real cat in 1:12. Anya made him for me. He is so cute! I thought you all have to see him! =)

Anne, I went and posted in the Gallery. Just had to let you know that you've done a superb job on your Orchid, it's beautiful. I especially like the white woodwork. It makes the house seem so much larger. You've done a great job!