Can I attach wallpaper with elmer's or wood glue?

~Sydney~

I've used Elmer's white all-purpose glue, you need to spread it out evenly and completely cover the back of the paper. I dip my fingers into a jar of water to spread the glue across the back of the paper, which thins it some and keeps it wet long enough for a quick adjustment in positioning. I prefer to use RL wallpaper paste, but the last batch I got turns out to be "for prepasted" wallpaper only, and doesn't work worth a darn on wallpaper!

I wouldn't use wood glue, since it dries a brownish-yellow.

• Like 1

I've used white school glue to apply all my wallpaper (I smear it evenly on the backside with a bit of cloth, then use a clean white cloth to smooth it onto the wall), but then I use printies on cardstock. Not sure if it works just as well on "store-boughten" miniature wallpaper!

I use Elmers and a squeegee and it works beautifully. :) Smear it on evenly all the way from edge to edge, put in place, press firmly and then use something that is stiff, but not going to tear up the paper, to squeegee the glue and air out. :)

• Like 1

I've used Elmer's school glue for wallpaper too. Bought up several bottles when walmart had them for 25 cents for back to school. Like everyone else said, spread evenly on back. If your using printie paper, make sure you seal the paper really good with spray sealer.

• 7 years later...

I just asked if I could use craft glue to put some wallpaper down in a closet in the bathroom...I'm never going to use it for the wall...WELL YALL..IT ACTUALLY WORKED! Just cut the size you need, turn the wallpaper over, squirter the glue, spread with your fingers r with an old credit card, actually anything plastic and flat, and put down in the area...

34 minutes ago, Ollie said:

I just asked if I could use craft glue to put some wallpaper down in a closet in the bathroom...I'm never going to use it for the wall...WELL YALL..IT ACTUALLY WORKED! Just cut the size you need, turn the wallpaper over, squirt the glue, spread with ( your fingers r with an old credit card, actually anything plastic and flat) SCRATCH THAT... IT'S TOO STICKY AND I THOUGHT ABOUT IT, GET A SPONGE ( I used those $1 ones from Dollar Store ) squirter glue on the SOFT SIDE then dip in just a Lil bit of water.. ( I JUST DID THIS...after I dipped the sponge I squeezed it a little, just enough to where it looked like soap ) I then dabbed the area I was putting it down on, NOT THE WALLPAPER ITSELF and went from one corner all the way to the end AND IT STUCK...

49 minutes ago, Ollie said:

I just asked if I could use craft glue to put some wallpaper down in a closet in the bathroom...I'm never going to use it for the wall...WELL YALL..IT ACTUALLY WORKED! Just cut the size you need, turn the wallpaper over, squirt the glue, spread with ( your fingers r with an old credit card, actually anything plastic and flat) SCRATCH THAT... IT'S TOO STICKY AND I THOUGHT ABOUT IT, GET A SPONGE ( I used those $1 ones from Dollar Store ) squirter glue on the SOFT SIDE then dip in just a Lil bit of water.. ( I JUST DID THIS...after I dipped the sponge I squeezed it a little, just enough to where it looked like soap ) I then dabbed the area I was putting it down on, NOT THE WALLPAPER ITSELF and went from one corner all the way to the end AND IT STUCK...

Hi Havanaholly