R U READY?

fairymom

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melanie--Love those stairs.

Me too!!!!!! Hmmm, now this is all giving me ideas on how to work the stairing into the Primrose cottage. Will see how it works out thourh!

Thank you for sharing!

Hugs

Hi Melanie,

The stairs look great! I love how the tower is looking! Can I ask what you used to cut the concrete forms with? I made my first cuts today and I used a box cutter (razor in a handle) and it didnt' work as well as I would have liked. I can live with the cuts I made but I can't see using the box cutter to cut out windows which I'll need to do and also some opening pannels on the towers.

-David

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Melanie,

I got my first wall inside the castle put on last night - I'm already thinking about ripping it down and starting over. Apparently I do not freehand blocks very well at all - but I wanted something a little different than the standard block wall.. I was hoping for something that appeared more hand cut and fitted a big block, little block kind of pattern - I've seen it done beautifuly.. unforuntatly mine looks more like a bad crackle effect than stones.

-David

Hi Melanie,

I got my first wall inside the castle put on last night - I'm already thinking about ripping it down and starting over. Apparently I do not freehand blocks very well at all - but I wanted something a little different than the standard block wall.. I was hoping for something that appeared more hand cut and fitted a big block, little block kind of pattern - I've seen it done beautifuly.. unforuntatly mine looks more like a bad crackle effect than stones.

-David

I felt the same way about my fireplace stones I did in the Creekside Cabin. But I let it stay and it has grown on me :wave: You'd think for someone like me who can't draw a straight line that curved stones lines should work out but I'll keep practicing.

post-70-1161472142_thumb.jpg

Hi Peggi,

I like your fireplace! Looks cozy :wave: And WAY better than my wall ack! I'll have to take a photo of it before I start over again! I have thought maybe it will look better whenI put paint on it.... but I'm so bad with paint that I have some very serious doubts about that lol :wave: Thanks for the encouragement though :wave: I'll keep working at it :wave:

-David

Is it just you and me David? I'll try to get pics up of the finished stairs and funiture

You mean working on Castles? Nah I know there are a few others - I think Charlene is working on one but with my memory I completely forget who all is working on them. All I know is I'm Wayyyyyy behind in even getting mine started!

-David :wave:

I'm embarrassed to even sign in here, guys :wave:

I started and stopped and did the bar and now I'm onto the gourd house and heaven knows when I'll get back to it :( I know, I know, we were all soooooo into it and now y'all are lightyears ahead of me :wave: But, after Halloween (Ms Putahexonya NEEDS her brewing hut) I'll start back up. I had it mostly together and then tore it down to the first level and basically, I need to start all over.

David -- Wish I had a wall to redo :thumb: At least you're working at it (and your stuff always turns out great, so I'm sure the wall will be gorgeous when you're done)

Melanie -- you're doing just great! It's awesome :wave: Keep the info & pics coming 'cause I'm desperately in need of your inspiration :wave:

Ok, talked myself into it -- I'll pick up some clay (used all but one pack of my stash on the bar) and I'm gonna get going on it. There. One decision made today :wave:

• 1 month later...