a possible new house

ilovecats

Okay, i'm trying not to get excited....i really hope it works out...oh please please please.... :D:)

I was talking to my supervisor today about my grosvenor and she mentioned that someone we both know was thinking about getting in touch with me....about selling the Thornhill that she is building. :lol: :):( I love this house and was thinking about buying one in about a year (i can't decide between a 1/24th inch or 1/12th inch scale).....I called her immediately to let her know that i am interested. She is still undecided about selling it but said that she was going to talk with her husband and let me know. She did say that if she decides to sell it, she would keep me in mind.....oh the anxiety and anticipation of disappointment are threatening to overtake my thoughts!!!! I really want this house and would love to buy one. It would be so cool to get this house tho because she has already put so much work into it and since i respect and admire her, i think it would be neat to buy a house that she has worked on! Plus buying it from someone i know is cool too!!!!!!! Although i'm sure that she will keep it, just knowing that it is a possibility to have it under my finger tips to hug and love and give a good home tooooooooo,........AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH help meeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to begging....please oh please oh please oh please.....

I am thinking about moving my furniture out into the backyard and creating a nice space for my dollhouses in the empty rooms of my full size home. We could sleep out in the tent. Since we have 2 tents, I could bash them together and we could share the space with the cats. Just a thought i had.

Wouldn't that be wonderful if she decides to sell. It would be kind of neat to "finish" a house that a friend had started. I'll keep my fingers (and toes) crossed for you today.

-Susanne

Thanks Susanne! I hope it works out but I can understand how hard of a decision it would be to part with it. I think her husband would like for it to go...he told me so last fall.....my heart is in her hands at the moment......the phone just rang and i was like oh please oh please oh please..... :) ...it was Andrew :D

I must distract myself because no matter what her decision is, i know i won't hear from her this soon. Ah well. If it works out i will be joyous, but in the end i know i will get one anyway, whether it be sooner or later. Marg

Marg -

I hope that you at least pretended that you were really glad that Andrew phoned!! :D:)

I know what it's like, when I get my heart set on something ..... well, okay, I obsess. Do you think your friend will decide and call tonight? What did she say?

-Susanne

Marg -

I hope that you at least pretended that you were really glad that Andrew phoned!! :):)

I know what it's like, when I get my heart set on something ..... well, okay, I obsess. Do you think your friend will decide and call tonight? What did she say?

-Susanne

*snicker* Of course i was glad to talk to him! :D No she didn't make any mention on when she would get back to me....i may just get an email (we work for the same healthcare system) about it...but i'm off until monday. I'm pretty sure she will keep it, oh the anxiety of it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:( :lol:

All my fingers are crossed for you! What a cool house it would be to get!

Thanks for the well wishes! I'm keeping mine crossed as well, but after the initial excitement i am settling down. I'm sure she won't get rid of it. However, I will most likely get it at the next HBS sale! I am already planning on it and if things do go differently then i'll be thrilled. :)

I will give out happy dh vibes! Give her the house....Give her the house...Call NOW! Call Now!

That should do it.

Dh waiting is like cooking, a watched pot never boils, an obsessed dh will never come!

HBS is Hobby Builders Supply, which is also Miniatures.com. Once you get on their mailing list, they will send you catalogs with coupons, as well as emails with discount codes. Some of the sales are deep enough to put a pricey house like the Thornhill within reach of more middling budgets.

Read the sale terms carefully -- they're not overtly tricky or anything dicey like that, but they do a bunch of different deals, so it can be confusing.

I'm sure this is a :( ridiculous question but what is an HBS sale? :) it sounds intriguing :rolleyes:

Once a year, or so I've heard, Ernie does an April Fool's sale of 50% off anything. HBS, as mentioned is Hobby Builder's Supply.

The Thornhill looks like an awesome house. I'm saving up so I can get the 1/2 scale one next time HBS has their half off sale. :D

Just figured it out this evening, we were thinking the same thing, you'll save about 55 bucks getting the 1/2 scale versus the 1" scale at the 50% off sale. Unless you just want to get the shell.

I was talking to my supervisor today about my grosvenor and she mentioned that someone we both know was thinking about getting in touch with me....about selling the Thornhill that she is building. She is still undecided about selling it but said that she was going to talk with her husband and let me know. She did say that if she decides to sell it, she would keep me in mind.....

We could write you a letter of reference to give to her if that would help.

Dear Ms Thornhill Owner,

It is our understanding that you may be considering finding a new home for your Thornhill. We would like to take this opportunity to recommend our friend Marg as it's new owner. Marg is a loving caregiver to many, many mini houses. She is experienced in the care and nurturing of mini houses and will give it a good home. She will pet it and love it and talk to it and fill it with lovely furnishings. Marg already has a large family of houses and each one is made to feel loved and respected. We can assure you that the Thornhill would be in the company of other houses who would accept it unconditionally and provide it with companionship during the day.

We hope that you will find it in your heart to allow the Thornhill to go live with Marg. Should you wish to inspect her home before approving the adoption, simply drive around until you find the large house with a backyard full of furniture, two bashed tents filled with cats and a man wandering around trying to figure out where the refrigerator has gotten to.

Sincerely,

The Greenleaf Gang

Sure you guys!! Let her friend know that Marg also hangs out with people who are slightly obsessive, but love a good time. In spite of mini-madness, most of us live relatively normal lives.

I'll sign the letter. Marg - have you heard anything?

-Susanne

We could write you a letter of reference to give to her if that would help.

Dear Ms Thornhill Owner,

It is our understanding that you may be considering finding a new home for your Thornhill. We would like to take this opportunity to recommend our friend Marg as it's new owner. Marg is a loving caregiver to many, many mini houses. She is experienced in the care and nurturing of mini houses and will give it a good home. She will pet it and love it and talk to it and fill it with lovely furnishings. Marg already has a large family of houses and each one is made to feel loved and respected. We can assure you that the Thornhill would be in the company of other houses who would accept it unconditionally and provide it with companionship during the day.

We hope that you will find it in your heart to allow the Thornhill to go live with Marg. Should you wish to inspect her home before approving the adoption, simply drive around until you find the large house with a backyard full of furniture, two bashed tents filled with cats and a man wandering around trying to figure out where the refrigerator has gotten to.

Sincerely,

The Greenleaf Gang

Deb, you are such a card! I thoroughly enjoyed reading that! I may print off a copy and mail it to her....hehe

PS: If you choose not to give Marg your Thornhill, we'd best not hear that you've given it to anyone else...

lol....should she be worried about her knees? Or walking alone thru a parking lot?

I'll sign the letter. Marg - have you heard anything?

-Susanne

Thanks Susanne! I wonder if I submit a list of signatures?! :rolleyes::(

No news yet. Hopefully I'll have a yes or no email when I get to work tomorrow, otherwise i'll write it off. Still anxious, but facing reality that it isn't going to happen, so....I do know it will be the house that I will wish for at the HBS sale next april. I'm not good at waiting tho. I am the worst at waiting for things to happen. Instant gratification. :):D

I will sign it too.

Knees? Nah! she dont need to worry about her knees..We will just give her an offer she cant refuse...If ya know what I mean..

LOL JK

I will sign it too.

Knees? Nah! she dont need to worry about her knees..We will just give her an offer she cant refuse...If ya know what I mean..

LOL JK

:)

No word yet, I know she's VERY busy and has alot going on in her life. I'm still hopeful, but then again not. On the one hand, if I don't get it, I will have a great experience building it straight out of the box. That idea is VERY appealing. If I do get it, I may have to make some modifications (i've never seen hers) but i have some tentative decorating plans for the house when i do get it...new or hand me down! The plans include some modifications with dormer windows and a covered front porch. I saw the idea on another forum and fell in love with that persons general ideas for the house. The dormers and the porch really change the look of the house and I think it improves greatly an already beautiful house.

Marg -

No excuses for your friend being busy. Minis are important. Does she not know that there are now a legion of us who are obsessed with waiting to hear whether you get this dollhouse?

LOL, but we all do know that one way or another you will have this dollhouse, even if you have to build it yourself. Let me ask you. Do you find yourself keep returning to HBS to just take one more look. Are you wondering when HBS will have their next sale. If you answered yes to at least one of these questions, this dollhouse will be in your possession sooner or later.

-Susanne