Just bought my Christmas tree

Hallowell

I just bought this years Christmas tree. I took this coming Friday off to decorate and I was going to buy the tree then, but we are expecting snow tonite and tomorrow and midweek and I didn't want to bring a snow covered tree into the house. It smells so good I can't wait to decorate it. :yes:

We have one that the game warden brought us from the forest, but it's a baby and very soft, and so I cannot put anything on it, but it smells good. We will be putting up our faux one next to it......

Woe is me...our Texas home has no "good" spot for a Christmas tree.Hmmmmm,unless

we put one in the DR.But we have many other Christmas-y decorations up! I do miss the smell of a real pine tree though.Best perfume in the world! :p

Real trees smell so good! When I was growing up in Oregon we would go out and get one from a cousin's ranch then when I married and moved to the bay area with my family, I would go out to the lots and search for the perfect tree. It was "my" thing and the DH and kids could never understand my insistance on the perfect tree. Before we went overseas to Europe I got an artificial tree and we used it for many years until it became thredbare and we replaced it about three years ago with one of the pre lite trees. I love the real ones but the artifical ones are just more practical for us now.

Hmmmmm,unless we put one in the DR. :wave:

Actually, for about 6 years, we did just that. We didn't have a spot in the living room, and the dining room had a big picture window in the front of the house. The first couple of years we didn't have a table, so that was easy. Then we got a table, and just took it down for Christmas. But it bothered me that I had this pretty table, and couldn't decorate it. So, we moved the loveseat out of the living room and put the tree there. Now, of course, I hate it that I don't have my tree in front of the big pretty window. I just can't be made happy...

We have the put up two outside trees, one at the new house and one in outside the "old" place as we spend most of the weekdays at the old place and the weekends at the new house and I wanted it to look nice at both places :wave: They are only decorated with strings of lights though and we'll be bringing the tree inside at the new place next weekend. Sort of a tradition to do it the fourth of Advent for us.

hugs

My grandparents never even got the tree until the last week in Advent, or brought it in to decorate until Christmas Eve (and it stayed up until Epiphany). We haven't had a tree up since the last Christmas the kids and all their SOs came. No room, now; too mini dollhouses.