Barbie’s had her operation

glen

OK BEFORE we even begin.

Susanne, Deb and Holly are strictly prohibited from posting to this topic.

Now, with that disruptive element under control.

What do you notice about blond mini kingdom Barbie?

Told you she was up for plastic surgery

Yes, she's articulated at the knees.

OK, OK. I admit there was something very disturbing about standing in the garage with baby, a saw in one hand and a naked Barbie doll in the other hand explaining daddy was going to play doctors and help Barbie bend her knees as I hacked off her legs.

(Oh I can see I'm going to regret this post)

Baby took it quite well.

But look. Compared to her sister she's now near scale height.

She still has another operation to go but as that entails rippin her head clean off I figured it was probably better done when Baby wasn't home.

anominuminous

post-265-1148621215_thumb.jpg

post-265-1148621251_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK BEFORE we even begin.

hehehehehehehehehehehee <gasp, choke> hehehehehehehehehehehe <grasping keyboard tray to pull myself back up off the floor> hehehehehehheheheheheheee Oh yeah, right. Like that's gonna happen!

OK, OK. I admit there was something very disturbing about standing in the garage with baby, a saw in one hand and a naked Barbie doll in the other hand explaining daddy was going to play doctors and help Barbie bend her knees as I hacked off her legs.

She still has another operation to go but as that entails rippin her head clean off I figured it was probably better done when Baby wasn't home.

<flipping out a notebook and pencil> Glen, why don't you lay down here on this couch and tell me about your relationship with your mother. Was she short and blonde?

Deb

Don't know if this shows it very well but I just made a tongue on the lower leg and hinged it in the knee.

Just have to be careful about the shape otherwise her leg will fold forwards as well. That wouldn't be a good look. It's square to the front and rounded up to the back. These still have some tidying to do.

Shortens her exaggerated legs by 6mm

Cheers

Glen

post-265-1148645363_thumb.jpg

How did you get them to bend?
He showed Barbie the dead kitten in the fridge.

QUOTE(glen @ May 25 2006, 11:30 PM) post_snapback.gifOK BEFORE we even begin.

hehehehehehehehehehehee <gasp, choke> hehehehehehehehehehehe <grasping keyboard tray to pull myself back up off the floor> hehehehehehheheheheheheee Oh yeah, right. Like that's gonna happen!

What she said (giggle, snort!) :blink:

a saw in one hand and a naked Barbie doll in the other hand explaining daddy was going to play doctors

I'll be interested to read the professional literature Baby's case history will generate in later years!

might want to change your signature.

havanaholly

thinking as little as possible :blink:

That operation was done under strict hygiene conditions and with anesthetic.

Baby was the nurse.

ROFL!

Okay.. Are you planning on making Barbie a leg brace? Cause it looks like her right leg is pointing toward the middle.

Or maybe she was getting ready to RUN cause of the plans for her head!

Just kidding. Hey I could never do it.

I just liked to make my barbies bald!

You could be onto something there mate, sell bendable Barbie legs on Ebay. Replacements for the doll. Why do I keep thinking of Fay Weldon's Life and Loves of a She Devil (not the gut wrenchingly aweful movie barely based on the book with equally nauseating Roseanne Barr) but the book itself. Truly twisted, check it out, you'll see why this thread reminds me of it.

Truly twisted, check it out, you'll see why this thread reminds me of it.

I don't think my comments are even needed on this thread.

Oh Glen, Glen ... where did we go wrong?

I can just see a grown up baby lying on a black leather couch next to a seated woman with a notebook on her lap. "Tell me dear, did your daddy really do that to your Barbie ... or was it just a dream? And the dead kittens in the fridge ... oh, I'm sorry ... in the miniature fridge."

-Susanne

Perhaps we should all take it on ourselves to go to Barbie's Website (she does have a website doesn't she?) and suggest that they manufacture the miniature Barbies to be 5 1/2 inches tall with bendable knees and elbows. I mean Glen is taking pretty desperate measures to here .... and I'd often been concerned that I was too particular about details. My perfectionism sometimes even drives me a little crazy ... and then I met Glen......

I for one think Barbie should really REALLY be happy to have such a wonderful doctor! I have some that need new legs Glen!! I HATE how they sit right now. I am almost tempted to send my dolls to you for out of the country plastic surgery :huh:

Hey, it's not for cosmetice purposes, it's to help her FUNCTION as a normal doll :huh:

They have a barbie forum/ Fan club but you have to pay 19.99 each year to be a member :lol: The thing about it is I am addicted to Barbies so you know I signed up for it right :blink:

I just liked to make my barbies bald!

Shudder, OK…………won’t go there. :huh:

Just a couple of blatantly obvious comments.

1) How long did it take for the three troublekateers to chime in?? :lol:

2) Notice the only deep, meaningful and reflective comment came from a LOSHBB! :(

3) Yeah, send your dolls over. I can just see it now. :blink:

Deep voice. “high Paul, Phill. Good to see you guys. Yeah the football was great. Yes the Impala’s running beautifully. Growls like a cat on steroids. Just gett’n ready to go out and sharpen the whale harpoon. Might do a spot of fishing on the way to the Antarctic to bludgeon a few seal pups in the weekend.

Hey would you like another beer?........ Yeah crackin day.

Hey, um (even deeper voice) while you’re here…….. no no no! No cameras today, promise.......

But would one of you mind holding these Barbie’s legs? Thanks Phill. Paul…could you hold these torso’s? Cheers mate. Right, now hold still while I cut these little suckers off.

Yeah, new line of business, “Glens Plastic Surgery” “No Barbie’s to tough.” That’s my motto.

Yeah it’s those girls again………………………”

4) Who’d be liable if your Barbie came back with two left legs?

5) Or mismatched shoes?

Sometimes I have to ask myself "why do I bother." ;) :huh:

Glen

Sometimes I have to ask myself "why do I bother." :huh::blink:

Glen

You bother because you want everything perfect for your little girl.

I think most of us ladies are just jealous that our dads didn't love us enough to make our Barbie's even more perfect that they were. Hey it takes a lot of guts to improve on Barbie.

-Susanne

I think most of us ladies are just jealous

Yeap, Glen I 'm jelous. Hubby heard me saying this morning "Man, Glen fixed HIS daughters Barbie legs so they will bend. Think you might wanna help me figure out how to do it since you've banned me from power tools?" His reply was, "Let's Send your Barbies AND you to Glen and you can video tape him fixing them THEN the next time, I can watch the tape AND you with the power tools while you do them". I guess you know I am not cookin dinner tonight (I am sitting here pouting) :blink::huh:

Yeap, I am jelous :huh:

Yeap, Glen I 'm jelous. Hubby heard me saying this morning "Man, Glen fixed HIS daughters Barbie legs so they will bend. Think you might wanna help me figure out how to do it since you've banned me from power tools?" His reply was, "Let's Send your Barbies AND you to Glen and you can video tape him fixing them THEN the next time, I can watch the tape AND you with the power tools while you do them". I guess you know I am not cookin dinner tonight (I am sitting here pouting) :blink::huh:

Yeap, I am jelous :huh:

I don't think we'll be able to get a video of Glen fixing the Barbies with his power tools.

He wouldn't even post a photo when he was playing in the bushes with his ... I mean ... his daughter's Barbie dressed as GI Joe. I asked him. I think it was something about being kind of hard to explain to his mates. I guess your hubby has the same sort of problem.

I'm sure glad I'm a woman - we don't have to be concerned about the gender stigma of owning dolls as adults.

-Susanne

You bother because you want everything perfect for your little girl.

-Susanne

Oh I know why I do it for her.

It's subjecting myself to you lot I query :huh:

Maybe I should log on anonymously and just look.

Naaah, where’d be the fun in that. :blink:

) How long did it take for the three troublekateers to chime in??
Obviously not nearly long enough. Actually I let it alone until I saw Deb's post, I was laughing so hard I lost control :blink:

It's subjecting myself to you lot I query

Masochism?

I would be VERY interested in HOW you made Barbie's knees bendy.

You are so very talented, Glen, and we are so tickled at how much you love your Baby. You just keep it up and never mind our smart-*** remarks.

Obviously not nearly long enough. Actually I let it alone until I saw Deb's post, I was laughing so hard I lost control :huh:

You are so very talented, Glen, and we are so tickled at how much you love your Baby. You just keep it up and never mind our smart-*** remarks.

Glen-

I politely waited for Deb to comment first. Like Holly, I respected your wishes. But, well, then, Deb said something, so I figured I have to say something. You know how it is. :lol:

But, you are such fun to tease. And you are very talented.

-Susanne

You could be onto something there mate, sell bendable Barbie legs on Ebay. Replacements for the doll. Why do I keep thinking of Fay Weldon's Life and Loves of a She Devil (not the gut wrenchingly aweful movie barely based on the book with equally nauseating Roseanne Barr) but the book itself. Truly twisted, check it out, you'll see why this thread reminds me of it.

This is a deep, reflective and meaningful comment?

:blink::huh:

-Susanne