The Tennyson...

Wow, I just looked the Tennyson up ..it IS small! What if you put the stairs on the outside-at the back of the porches? They could be "covered" stairs...or expand the rooms to include the porches.(Would have to enlarge the roof) Hmmm..What is your Tennyson going to be? That would help to decide!

Well, I do love the porches to death and want to keep them. Lots of living space there huh?!

Llyn, it's going to be a haunted house. Super spooky.

I do have some of those attic type pull down stairs but, I was going to use them for the 3rd floor.

As it is with the stairs, there is really not enough room for all of what I wanted to put in it at all so, it looks like I may, for the 1st time omit the stairs. Yikes!

I may be able to do some kind of ladder thingy somwhere but these are not Fae and they don't fly. Well maybe they fly...they're all dead. LOL

Wow, a Haunted house...ok How about if you eliminate the 2nd floor stairs and put in the 1st floor stairs -using only 3 or 4,broken and hanging from the ceiling (opening).

That might be scary........ :ohyeah:

Mine has stairs, but you are correct; the rooms are very small. I really noticed it when I began this San Fran rehab. Ceilings are higher and rooms much bigger! My Tennyson (mother built) is on my forum homepage.

Of course, it can't compete with your work. :ohyeah:

OMG Barbara! Such high praise...I don't deserve it! Almost everything I know, I learned here.

Tracy Topps has been a huge inspiration for me and everyone else here!

You can do anything I can do...trust me! :ohyeah: to you sweetie!

Llyn, I love the broken stairs idea. I even went as far as to dream up "things" hanging off the ceiling. Don't know what yet :D but it's at the front of the frontal lobe...or cerebellum or, oh heck I can't remember the brain funtions.

I may have to put the kitchen dining room on the 2nd floor.

I love this little bity house regardless of it's little bity size.

See, size doesn't always matter. :(

Uh oh....why doesn't he move?

Hugs,

Monica

I removed the stairs from the Tennyson that I build years ago. I wanted to put the kitchen in the room that had the stairs, and there was no way that I was going to be able to fit furniture in there with the stairs there.

The photos I've seen of the inside appear like they're small rooms. I'm building the Cambridge now by the same company. They have similar design except for the larger third story and wrap around porch. For some reason the Tennyson looks smaller inside. I'd leave out the stairs because they are not necessary to the design of the room. I think this is my next build, she's calling me from the other room with all that beautiful trim. For the Cambridge, it worked out nicely to have a small sitting room where you enter, a dining room on the other side, the kitchen on the second floor in the smaller room and the bedroom on the other side of the kitchen. Since the Tennyson appears to have a nice size third floor, maybe a bath or another bedroom up there.

I think I have it figured out.

If I keep the stairs on the entry floor, I can make it into a sitting room (small furniture and fireplace) and the upstairs above it, I believe I can fit all of the dining room furniture in it.

I just hate having to omit stairs if I don't have to.

This one was close though.

The kitchen will be the larger room on the 2nd floor. It needs more space :p

This may be a completely stupid idea or it could be a stroke of pure genius (more likely the former) but have you thought about furnishing the house completely with smaller scale furniture to make it look like a huge house with very tall ceilings? I'm not sure how far down you could go with scale before things start to look odd but there must be some room for manoever.

Jo

Just don't forget the photos!! :p You know I do like the idea of a haunted house.I might just do one someday.Then all the dust it gathered would be part of the exhibit!

LOL- I made a paper machier(SP?) castle tower years ago .It had a draw bridge and a

crennelated top.We kept it in the fireplace and boy did it gather dust and cobwebs...

looked really cool. Unfortunately when I moved it got lost......But I could make a better one now..........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :p

Just don't forget the photos!! B) You know I do like the idea of a haunted house.I might just do one someday.Then all the dust it gathered would be part of the exhibit!

LOL- I made a paper machier(SP?) castle tower years ago .It had a draw bridge and a

crennelated top.We kept it in the fireplace and boy did it gather dust and cobwebs...

looked really cool. Unfortunately when I moved it got lost......But I could make a better one now..........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :p

Ohhhhhhh very cool Llyn!

Yes, yes make another one! And share eye candy!

After reading this topic, I decided yesterday to omit the stairs in my Arthur, so I patched the holes & am now very happy with the decision. There is so much more room for furniture, especially in the upstairs bedroom. I have a Tennyson (not laser-cut) in a box waiting her turn to be built, so I don't know how the rooms compare with the Arthur, but may omit the stairs there, too.