things we do for our pets

AmyD

Hi,y'all were talking about not letting our furkids have any products from China...well,does anyone know of an American company that makes chicken jerky???My little Cairns go crazy for it,but I can't find any that's not from China! ugh!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look for rollover its made in Canada and the states its a bit more but its really good quality. Also Look at pure bites they are just freeze dried, chicken, beef or cheese.

are pure bites soft or hard? Our little Tucker had 7 teeth removed when he was having his ear worked on - I feel so sorry for him, but anyway he has a hard time eating anything too hard.

Pure bites are in between they are like a chip crunchy but easy to chew. If you can stay away from beefeaters, Its probably a good idea. We have had a lot of people return them at work, stuff in there that shouldn't be.

MMMMMMMMMm Cats my 5 are spoiled rotten Boomer the old man thinks he should be fed as soon as I roll over in the morning :D Then it means he yells till I get dressed and feed him, which means I am trying to keep the girls off the counter and go in the laundry room so they can have there share.

We are getting the house ready for winter so that means 4 of the inside rooms have plastic over them and now picture this big painters tape X"s on them cause the cats keep trying to go out the windows which they are allowed to do in the summer. Only at my house.

Then our vet told us that our broader collie has arthris in her back and hips, asked me she had been hit by a car no cars just 1 or 2 range cows years back. So now we get a baby sitter :flowers: when we go to my daughters because she does not care for the little ones any longer. And I need to change her treats because of teeth they now have to be soft if I can find some but I don;t care I have her for 11 years and want to keep her with me a while longer......Cayrol

We put The Beautiful Melody on Rimadyl for a couple of months and then added the glucosamine treats and it really helped with her arthritis. We had her for over fifteen years before the melanoma got so bad we had to let her go.

my husband got paid from his customer and so I was able to make an appointment to bring tucker in to check out that bump on his shoulder and have his mouth looked at again. He had 7 teeth removed about 2months ago, and his breath is starting to smell bad again. It kind of remindes me of tuna fish and he's always licking. Either his front paws or the blanket or me. What's really concerning me is that bump. He goes to the doggy doc on Thursday.

Hi,y'all were talking about not letting our furkids have any products from China...well,does anyone know of an American company that makes chicken jerky???My little Cairns go crazy for it,but I can't find any that's not from China! ugh!

Went to work yesterday, try looking at smokehouse :flowers: Those are made in the usa.

Sparky's heated bed came in today. I have it warming up to test it out. It says to test it, plug in for a couple of hours then put a pillow on top for 20 minutes then feel the pillow and see if it is warm. The product says that it is energy efficient and only costs about 15 cents per month to run. It also came with a cooling pillow which you fill with water and it is supposed to keep them about 20 degrees cooler than their normal temp of 102.

I will get back to everyone and let them know if it works. It is extremely soft and comfy feeling.

Entered photo of my beloved deceased greyhound NILES in a photo contest and his picture was selected to be in the 2009-10 Calendar! GREY2K charity that promotes awareness and legislation towards ending greyhound racing! Meanwhile, NIles is in a wooden box that is under his favorite chair in the living room where he lay to watch me when he was too old to go up and down stairs.

Today, I was photo'ing my new greyhound at a autumn leaf lake setting, towards entering her in next year's Greyhound Calendar competition!

I think this qualifies: My friend had never had a Halloween Costume in her entire life~ and our farm was hosting a Horse Halloween Party; I sewed this Knight in Shining Armor Costume for her and made her horse into a Noble Steed. His stall was decorated as a Medieval Crusader's tent. They went as Sir Silverman her his Noble Steed "Harvey"; and won a prize!

My Palomino and I went as Wilbur and Mr. ED, carrying a boom box blaring "a horse is a horse of course, of course..." you can see that photo at my Forum album or Good Pets category. My husband says I have too much time.... why doll housing should be good for me! I have the time, just not the skill (yet).

Thank you Corwin Ihad forgot about glucosemen treats we had the old mare on the powder before we lost her and it help. The vet put Katie on Mezotrace a vitamin supplment for dogs it seems to be helping she still falls alot and can no longer get in the jeep floor board is 3 feet about the ground. But can ride in the truck with a bost.

Tries to play with the boxer but as the Boxer is younger she gets knocked down once in a while. Still goes out and bosses the horses around Baby will take her nose and gentlely push her out of the pen or chase the other mare off. Animals are so funny and seem to know so much more than some people give then credit for.......... :flowers::p:giggle:

I don't know how crazy it is but I bought my cat a pretty fancy elevated food and water dish combo. One purpose was to help him with his digestion and the other to keep more food in the bowl for the cat and less on my floor. He's not happy with me at the moment but the King of the Castle will adjust I hope! :flowers:

where did you get the heated dog bed from? That sounds great.

Love the photos of the costumes, and congrats with the calendar and good for you for helping to end the racing.

I got it from www.SnRPetSupplies.com. This was the cheapest place I found it. The medium was $81 and that included shipping.

And don't forget, this also comes with a cooling pad as well so really 2 beds for 1.

Our little Tucker man is having his lump removed today. The vet thinks it's probably cancerous. I'm just besides myself. This is going to be a last ditch effort, we don't really have the money to do this as it is, we won't be able to afford to keep this. Sorry to be such a downer, this thread was suppose to be light hearted and funny. Say a prayer for Tucker, he needs all the help he can get.

Champagne, thanks for the link I'll check it out.

Well, Tucker made it through the operation ok. He had a turmor the size of a small egg removed from his shoulder area. Along with the turmor the vet removed the limpnoid (spelling), we'll find out if the lump was cancerous or not next thursday. Poor thing has about a 4inch ling cut where the vet took the lump out. I feel so sorry for him. I'll keep you posted.

I only feed my cats Purina food. Why? They were the only company I know of to have none of their products pulled when that contamination thing was going on. They make their own food. Others have cleaned up? Purina didn't have to. Good enough for me.

Did you know that Purina has a plant here in Colorado. On a warm breezy day you can smell it cooking from where I live Yum!!!!!!!

I have recived a small kitten about a month or so ago it was a wild one has taken us this long to make friends talk about spoild it has a laundry basket full of toys a cat tree that "daddy" made it sleeps with us love to sleep over the top of my head and all through the house it has special places to sleep and watch the birds out of the windows.

I fell asleep on the couch once, and when I woke up I had one dog sleeping on my shoulder, one on my tummy and one down my by feet. And I loose track of many times a day I pick up all the dog toys and put them back in the toy basket, just to have them pulled out again about 20 minutes later.

My Kiki (gone now 2-1/2 years) would always come under the covers in bed and sleep curled up in the crook of my knees. You know the story about the Mandarin who cut off the sleeve of his priceless robe, because a kitten was sleeping on it and he wouldn't disturb the sleeping kitten? Well, that's me. :thumb: