Facebook?

bookmarm

I'm on Facebook and I love it. Its the only way I can keep in touch with my brother across the country. If anybody wants to add me as a friend just search for Anna Philpot. and send a friend request... mention Miniatures or Greenleaf in a personal note so I'll know to accept you as a friend. I like staying up to date with all my friends on there. I can't seem to stay caught up on here...

There was just an article on MSN about Baby Boomers killing Facebook and Twitter. It was interesting. I'm not a Facebook or MySpace user, but I keep intending to open a Facebook, someday. I have no interest in MySpace. I did set up a livejournal before but I don't think I've ever really posted anything, at least not in a long time. I'm a big procrastinator so keeping up on postings is a chore. I used to be addicted to IM, both Yahoo and MSN, but I've kicked the habit. It was beginning to feel like I was a slave to it. Then you feel obligated to respond when someone pings you and if you don't they just keep doing it. Then you respond and say you have to go and log off as invisible. So deceptive, I know.

All that said, I do like Twitter, but it does get annoying with Twittering and Tweets going on everywhere. But I like the randomness of it. I tend to be scatterbrained and have a short-attention span so that fits right in.

Here is also an article about if MySpace can bouce back from a downturn. Can once-cool MySpace stage a comeback?

mY BROTHER GOT ME TO SIGN UP TO FACEBOOK. I really don't like it, and rarely if ever check it out. I am happy here on Greenleaf. I don't like the wide openness of Facebook. You don't know who is looking at your information.

I agree with that completely, you don't have to put up with it! But it is possible to just block them without writing and telling them you don't like them and don't want to hear from them. They will get the hint without the direct insult. I'm all for handling other people as politely and gently as possible! (even my MIL!) :wave:

At one time, I, too, believed that blocking was an extreme measure but that would be effective. I was wrong. Some people will continue to contact you. You can't understand it if you've not been there. I hope that you don't have to experience what I've had to deal with.

Anyway, back to Facebook. Just today I received a friendship request from a 10 year old girl that I used to babysit and teach at Sunday School when she was 4 and 5 years of age. Her family moved across country five years ago. Its so great to be in touch with her and see how she's grown. Her mum is a wonderful person and she and I have also hooked up through Facebook.

-Susanne

I had a live journal. No idea what happened to the account and I never used it anyway. Have a myspace. Don't use it. Boring. I have facebook. I post stuff and then go back and delete it later. Mostly I use it to see what the kids are up to - well that and to see what other hilarious things my niece posts about my brother and his wife. Like the pic of her getting her roots touched up....

I don't get any of the junk you guys are getting. Lucky? Unpopular?

Iam on facebook and am hooked on the farmtown game even though I dont get online as much as I used to. I try to check my facebook atleast every 2 weeks I found all my childhood friends.

I am soooooo hooked on Facebook. At first I didn't like it and liked My Space better. But now I hardly use My Space.

I have met so many old friends relatives and classmates on there. It has been so much fun.

I recently got a Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Youtube...lol I had really been in the dark ages because I didnt have any of these accounts before and now I went all out. I dont use them to keep in touch with family though. I mainly opened up these accounts to network my blog and to connect with other miniaturists.

I know how weird it must feel to have to block someone but its best if they are bothering you with messages and nothing cordial you have told them has worked to make them stop. I recently blocked someone on Youtube because of a similar situation recently.

Thanks Wendy!!! I am a picture nut ha ha. If I ever come to your house you better make sure to have your albums out!!!

RayAnne is doing better about her car. Her daddy wasn't too happy but he is ok now realizing that it could have been much worse. We take it tomorrow to have it looked at. She will have to put in some extra hours to pay for it.

• 4 weeks later...

I signed up for Facebook a long while back but never really set it up. Then this past week i get an email from my MIL and SIL that they wanted to add me as a friend. So I am on Facebook. I am acquiring lots of friends and family that I have not talked to in ages.

My seventy year old aunt friended me and I get to see all the old photos from the 40s of my Mom and her family.

Pretty cool.

I am already hooked up with Suzq..Anyone else? You can pm if you want.