Victoria's Farmhouse. Will it ever be finished?

Just One More

My Victoria's farmhouse has been sitting on the kitchen table for over a month after bringing it in from the garage where it was all winter. I've cut out the wallpaper for the upstairs bedroom on the right and it's still held up with clothes pins. I have the kitchen painted and added a house theme border. The house border is blue like the exterior of the house. The kitchen cabinets are dark blue and the floor is red. My avatar is a pic of the exterior but I've removed the side porches and added a slanted porch roof. This is really a nice house. I think of all the things I want to do to finish it, but don't get past the thinking. I think the problem is, where will I put it when it's finished? I'd have to move the Alison Jr with extension out of the living room window to put it there. Where would I put the Alison Jr? That is very heavy also. I don't want to just stick it away somewhere again. I think this will be my last RGT house. Every time I have to move these two, something gets dented or worse. I imagine some of you have the same problem. It comes with the hobby I guess. From now on it's GL only, especially with the Willowcrest coming back. :)

I have the same problems ! I have the Victorias Farmhouse as well.. It is one heavy house !!! and it is sitting downstairs on the futon right now.!! I have to find a dresser for it.!! I am hoping to find a few dressers this summer to put my houses on so I can hide my supplies in the drawars.!! I have half of it finished, need to add the porch railings !!! and Oh I forget waht else needs done.!! It is such a pretty house when its done .!!

Kellee

Keep plugging away at it, it will be worth the effort. I like mine better, the farther along we get with construction. I'm down to stairs, porch rails, and shingles now and can't wait until school is out to finish!

I don't know about your garage, but mine is a dangerous place for dollhouses! The guys carried mine out to ours while they were redoing our bedroom. Then they decided to build some storage shelves and forgot to cover the house with the sheet I had conveniently left right there for it. When they realized it was covered with sawdust, they took the shop vacuum to it. It's a wonder that thing didn't suck the paper off the walls! I guess I'm just lucky they didn't decide to store tools in it! It is now safely back on it's table in our bedroom until I get my craft room back.

I had mine covered with a sheet the whole time it was in the garage. I was more concerned about the temperature change with an MDF house. It doesn't seem to have had any warping or anything. I hope I can get it finished soon and find an old table for it to get it out of the kitchen.

Just keep on working away at it, and a place to put it will make itself. You'll be sitting there one day, the light will come on, and you'll be rearranging the furniture to fit in a microwave stand/small table somewhere! I have 12 houses in the tinyest RL house, you ever did see.

I'm struggling too. The cabinet I intended to put my Laurel on, has been taken over by one of my cats. This means that I lost a space for 1 dollhouse, and I have 3 more houses in boxes.

The apartment is small and the cats are indoor cats, so their favorite spots must be respected. I have 1 spot left for either the Westville or the Tennyson, but not both of them. Thank God, the other house is a half scale.

I'm struggling too. The cabinet I intended to put my Laurel on, has been taken over by one of my cats. This means that I lost a space for 1 dollhouse, and I have 3 more houses in boxes.

The apartment is small and the cats are indoor cats, so their favorite spots must be respected. I have 1 spot left for either the Westville or the Tennyson, but not both of them. Thank God, the other house is a half scale.

My cat just likes to get IN my houses. Victoria's Farmhouse happens to be her favorite!

Pat, and Kelly, I feel your pain! I bought one already built and exterior finished. I just have to fix the porch railing. It's a beautiful house. But I haven't found a place for it, I can't move it at all, and it's not speaking to me! Kelly, mine is also downstairs on the futon! For a while I kept it at the end of the dining room table, in front of the window. My cat just loved it there! But we had to move it for birthday parties, and I'm not sure I want it back there right now. When it's decorated maybe I'll be more motivated to find a better spot for it.

It is a heavy house. I can't decide where I'm going to put mine. The window seat in my craft room would be great, but then I couldn't use the storage under it. DS has said he will make a table on casters for it-an MDF top (with a fancy wooden edge around it) that I can landscape, and casters on the legs so I can move it. I think I will hold out for that. If i can convince him to put a shelf on the bottom also, there will be room for the Storybook on that shelf.