I bought this house from micheals

asherah

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My shingling is finished! (The roof, anyway... haven't put up the porch roof yet, so I still have that to do eventually.) I'm really liking how it looks with the new trim color. Took some pictures - I don't have time to get them off the camera now but I'll try to post them tomorrow for you guys to see.

Oh No Holly! LOL I guess real food is not a good idea. I like the idea of using a cake decorator to pipe the "frosting" onto the house. Now Sherry you and I think alike. I had the same thought to make that Orchid that is sitting sadly in pieces into the Gingerbread house! Its funny once you get to thinking about a theme your mind can run amuck! I have so many ideas....what happened to building JUST ONE PUZZLE HOUSE???

:)

It looks absolutely spiffy! That trim co-ordinates with the house colour beautifully, and the shingles set off both colours perfectly. Very smart presentation - the upgraded windows and door make such a big difference to the overall look, don't they?

Thanks everyone! I'm relieved the second trim color worked out... I don't think those windows could have stood a third layer of paint. :D

I'd be happy to build another Arthur-style house since I think it has a nice classic look... but maybe a puzzle house that looks like an Orchid would be neat? The basic structures are pretty similar, but with different porches.

Rachel (or anyone else), if you're looking for houses similar to this in 1/4 scale, check out the Greenleaf villages. They come with five or six houses each and several are like miniature versions of the big Greenleaf houses. I'm not sure if the one I have is available anymore (it has a house that looks like a little Orchid, among others) but Greenleaf still sells a set that has a mini Arthur in it. These buildings are 1/4".

Hey if they saw what everyone did with their puzzle houses maybe they would make more? lol I made one 1/4 inch size house Fov and I think I will now stick with larger ones.

My hands and eyes just can't deal with things that small!

I was back in Michaels yesterday and the woman I spoke to before about the puzzles said you wouldn't believe how many people had come into the store looking for them. The company is changing things again and she said she had no idea if they would have them again. Does customer request count for anything?

Tomorrow I'm going to be near a different Michael's than I usually go to. I know it's a huge long shot, but I'll probably check and see if they have any...

I discovered I have three puzzle houses stashed in the closet. I forgot about where I put them :(

I think that gingerbread house might happen and my sister will get one for Christmas. Yippee!

I also can't type the English language!