I bought this house from micheals

asherah

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to imagine the size of a 1:24 scale mouse - a short grain of rice? I don't have the "eye" for the smaller scale, so it's hard to envision it.

Boy am I behind! I posted way earlier in this thread, and mine are still in pieces, unworked with! That's what happens when life takes a right turn when it should go left I suppose. I don't have the stuff to treat the wood even, so it's just been sitting :) Will have to keep doing so, too- both of them.

Y'all are so talented <_<

I have been following this thrad since it started. I finally found the puzzle house and the furniture in Michaels near me. I am just trying to figure out what i wants to be. It is whispering sweet shop, but I cannot imagin trying to nake half scale candy. I can't wait to start working on it, but my kids need to be sleeping before I ca get it out or they will lose the peces on me. My husband needs to be sleeping too, as he does not know that I bought them, or else he would wonder where I got the money. Hey, can I help it if I save my change until I can afford something good, and that he does not know that I save it or where it is?!? :) <_<

LOL The mouse had no tail or ears now...back to the drawing board...I doubt if the cat or the mouse are exactly in scale its so teeny tiny its ridiculous! I am going to have to work on it before coffee....I don't know if I can do anything before coffee but I can try :hmm: ( thats me after coffee)

When, oh when, are you going to start an album so we can share in your progress?

I got nothing done yesterday. I cleaned out the trash in the garage, went to Target after some things, then did a crash and burn. I was just flat give out!

Charissa, you really don't need much to do these little houses. Some paint and glue will get you started! I've found 1/2 scale printie wallpaper online, and did a lot of the gnome house, and this one too, with things I found in my craft scraps and stash. It's a great way to exercise your imagination. Aside from the gnomes, I probably didn't spend $25 all together on the gnome house-counting house and furniture kit! I made it a challenge to see what I could do with nothing!

Can I make an album in here yet? The last time I looked it told me I couldn't. I could put them all up on my own website with a link but haven't worked on my site in ages either. My house has dust mice since I started messing with minis I haven't cleaned or done anything. lol Its summer and I spend a good deal of time outside watering my plants and still need to mow my lawn. sigh........I would rather sit and play.

I am making my mouse of beads and I am sure its not tiny enough but can't hold onto anything smaller. :hmm:

Oh I got involved making Toad Houses also...Rose wants three she gave me three flower pots last night so I have to do those later.

Can I make an album in here yet? The last time I looked it told me I couldn't
You can make an album after FIVE posts, dear. You might want to contact one of the admins or mods to find out what's up.

You can start an album after you have 5 posts, which you have way more then 5 so you should be able to start one. Can't wait to see what you have done with this puzzle house.

We had a few hours to kill today here in Naples FL so stopped in a nearby shopping area with a B&N and there was a Michaels. Would you believe they had three of the same puzzle houses and two of the furniture kits left and they were on sale! I got two houses and one of the furniture. The one remaining was scooped up by one of the sales person who helped me locate them in the store. I told here about this site and hopefully she will join us!

You'll enjoy playing with these, they are great fun! I have the trim done in my fairy house now, the roof notched and half of it glued on. I need to glue the dormer roof on and the back half of the roof, then the chimney! When that's together, I'll take a photo, probably tomorrow. I'm anxious to see how it all looks together, and to start on the roof!

I got the mouse made but my computer nearly went belly up this afternoon! OH NOOOOOOO My window on the world and the keys to the dollhouse kingdom nearly lost...lol

What a day.......I quit...good nite! :)

Its a new day and I am ready to see what else I can make that is too small for me to hold onto or see. I really need new glasses!

The mouse is a toy mouse for the cat because the scale is a little too big to be "real" in this scale. If I can get past the computer problems later I will try to work on the camera. lol

The sides of the house are plain I want to decorate....thinking of making a trellis or something. :)

I got the board to mount mine on today, DS2 has no time anymore. I hate to ask him to cut wood after an 11 hr day. But it's cut and covered with turf now, so I will finish staining the foundation and glue the house on. then on to the chimney!

How do you find a specific post when you don't now what Thread its located in? So much I don't know...lol

The Dollhouse Fairy brought an Orchid DH kit to me yesterday and I am so excited I can't stand it! Everything that could go wrong did go wrong yesterday and I wanted to post about it....the House was the best thing of my day! That Dollhouse Fairy is really tricky! :)

I think the thread you are looking for is in chitchat-'the suspense is killing me'. That was such a nice thing for her to do! I have an Orchid waiting in line, under my dresser. It's such a pretty house!

I wonder if the roof will be hard? I had trouble with the sandpaper on this Michaels house...gaps all over the place. I am a very s l o w worker and have to finish one project before I start another....drives me crazy to have things incomplete. :wub:

Time to visit the gallery and look at Orchids!