I bought this house from micheals

asherah

I never did get those crazy slot things that hold the porch roof onto the house in so I have gaps and holes where those went.....molding?

I haven't made mine yet, but I have dry-fitted it twice, and I felt the same way about the slot thingies . . . I can't seem to get them the way they need to be. I finally said the heck with it . . . I'll deal with them when I actually do the build. Other than that, I love these little kits!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about the house with the long porch, Rhonda? I haven't put together one of those yet. The only slots on the other one that I had to just cut off were the ones for the gable. They just did not line up right. But you're right, these are really fun to work with! I am going to try and get the interior of mine finished today, if I can...housework is calling to me!

The house with the 4 rooms had slot things that held the porch roof and I just didnt use them. I glued the whole thing together without them. I tried to stairs and it was just too large for the room. I modified the kitchen furniture again because that sink and stove unit is kind of funky. I was mad that I couldn't use the wardrobe upstairs in the bedroom. I figured out that the roof slant was too low to put in under.

Oh, I popped my little clay doll out of the mold this morning and I think she came out quite good. I wish she was 3-D but I will pose her with her back to the wall somehow....I can't wait to paint her and see how she looks.

It's done, and the gnomes have moved in! I got the bed finished, the flowers planted, and some knick knacks in place. I'm waiting for the sofa throw to dry and will take pictures as soon as it is in the house. I will continue to look for suitable accessories, but I'm excited to actually have one house finished. And I have to say that this one was fun, from start to finish!

Now it's naptime-I cleaned the bedroom, got the farmhouse ready to start on, helped DH plant some turf in the bare spots in the back yard, and started laundry. I'll take photos later to post...after nap!

I am SO excited, I finally found one! I had checked 2 Michael's and couldn't find them. I almost missed them at this 3rd store, so now I'm wondering if maybe I missed them at the others. Sounds like a good excuse to go back!

Can't wait to join in the fun. Everyone's looks so wonderful! Sherry, love the gnomes!

Making some progress....lots of fun :wave:

They were hiding in my store also and the clerks had no idea what I was talking about when I asked about them.

I can't wait to see inside the gnome house!

Oh Nooooo! Godzilla cat just walked all over the table and toppled the whole house!

post-4159-1243704012_thumb.jpg

Thank god for glue! lol Yes I think I can fix his mess.....he is sooooo interested in what I am doing he sits and watches me for hours. Silly kitty!

Congrats on being MOM!

Here is the interior. I am still looking for little things for it, and plan to make some dishes when I can get my fimo out.

gallery_3692_2999_9032.jpg

and here is the second floor. I have a blanket to add, but forgot to! I just noticed the little blob of miniwax on the floor beside the bed!

gallery_3692_2999_5497.jpg

Thanks, all! I did finish the landscaping too, added flowers and more shrubs, but forgot to take another photo!

Roxie, I love the way yours is looking! Cute cute windowboxes and floral decals!

Sherry that is just too cute for words! Nice job! I love the colors and the artwork on the walls!

Guusha maybe you could check Michaels online site and order one from there?

Your houses are looking great!!! I'm working on a chimney. It's going to be round, even though, that's 17th century Rome style. My son says it's supposed to look "cartoonish", and that's what he wants. LOL He found this 1/2 inch round garbage bag center tube, and it's sitting under painter's caulk "rock", drying at the moment. The bathroom is looking O.K., and the bedroom furniture has been painted, and the stupid batteries must be charged-so pics to come, soon.

Its in the 90's today so I am staying in the AC and working on my furniture. Last night I modified a piano that I had from a Christmas ornament because the puzzle piano just wasn't right. After teaching piano lessons for 25 years I had to have a piano in my Very Violet House.

Yesterday I made a couch for the livingroom because once again that puzzle couch was "bugging me". LOL

Pictures soon!

As promised, latest progress pic. I must use the word "We", from now on, 'cause I really can't take all the credit for this house. My son is the brain behind this one. He is the one finding the stuff we are using. The mattress and pillows are a cut up green scrubby, with an old scarf for sheets and pillow cases. The blanket is an old house coat that no longer fit anyone-and as you know the chimney is a garbage bag tube. Check out that tiny little toilet paper-my fingers are just too fat to roll that up!! Watcha think? We are having so much fun!!

Yeah Sherry, I noticed the "difference" in scale also. But you did a really nice job on the upholstery, really gave the furniture, personality.

Here's a photo of the living room suite with a dining chair (not finished with it yet!), so do they look like the same scale to you? There's just not any way to make the sofa and chairs larger that I can see. They will have to be replaced, which is a shame, after all that upholstery work! :happydance:

gallery_3692_2999_31152.jpg

Hey Nicolle, your house is coming along very nicely, keep up the great work! :happydance:

I've finally come up with themes for my two houses! I have to do these on the cheap because they are just "practice" before starting my first real house, and will be toys for my daughter in a few years. I had a big book of coordinating scrapbook papers, so I chose several of them that would make good wallpaper and floors. The papers had a distressed look, so I decided that the houses needed to be weekend cottages- the types of houses that you go to have fun and don't care when they start to look a little shabby. I bought a big bag of 1/2 scale shingles and the house with the long porch is now a shingled lake house. I also bought paper clay and roof thatch, so as soon as I paint and put the finishing touches on the lake house, I'll turn the other one into a stone country cottage. The interiors will coordinate so that my daughter can play with them together as one complete, six room house. Here are a few pictures, and there are more in my gallery.