I bought this house from micheals

asherah

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I'm working on these houses, and covering all the surfaces with scrapbook paper or some type of "carpet" variant

Also, I work at Michael's and the thing about the 40% off coupons varies per checker. I will generally take up to 3 of the same 40% off coupons in 3 different transactions at the same time. However, some checkers are stricter and limit you to 1 per person per visit - many checkers will take up to 2 of the same coupons in 2 different transactions. However, you can always go out to the car and come back in if you get a strict checker. I doubt they're going to tell you you can't do that. Also, Michael's has a lot of coupons out right now. You can use up to 3 DIFFERENT coupons (including competitor's coupons) in the same transaction. By different, each coupon must be a different type of coupon, i.e.: 40% off one item, 25% off your entire purchase, and 40% off Hobby Lobby coupon.

Welcome to the forum, Joan! Pop over to the newcomers posts and introduce yourself to the rest of the gang! Always happy to have a new mini friend, can't wait to see pics of your house(s)!! :groucho:

my local michaels didn't have them...i feel so left out! ;) my husband laughed when i whined "but all the other kids have one!" he wasn't laughing when i told him i bought a much more expensive house on ebay to make myself feel better! lol!

What do you all do for a base for your puzzle houses? I am not happy with the way my front porch just hangs out with no support. The house wobbles a bit because it warped and I am afraid its a little fragile just sitting on its own. I know its not a "real" house but after putting this much time and effort into it I would like it to last a while. I don't own any tools to speak of except my exacto knife so can't cut out a wood base or anything like that.

Ideas please? Thanks:)

Suz... is that a fireplace in your piggies kitchen? As usual I wasn't paying attention...it has so much character!

I think Goldilocks might live with my bears...she was living in my Christmas CD house but its so lonesome in there until Christmas.

There's a discussion about the floor somewhere in this thread. I put mine in builder's foam, with glue on the tabs, and it stuck in there good. Then son built me a tray the depth of the foam and it fits in there like a dream, all ready to landscape!

Holly also suggested getting stripwood and building a foundation under it, tall enough to account for the tabs. I am going to try that on the next one.

holly will also suggest craft sticks on their sides, you can either trim the ends square to fit them flush, or leave them rounded and glue them with a small gap (1/4" or less) for a decorative feature.

Thanks.....I just found a reference by someone on here how to use builders pink foam. I was thinking of using some kind of tray or picture frame to glue the house to but have to find something that is inexpensive and I can modify. Always a new thing to learn. ;)

PS I found more puzzle houses at this site! Some of them are larger...has anyone tried these?

http://www.toyswithpurpose.com/site/973352/page/560815

I haven't used this sight, but have built some of the 1:12 furniture kits featured here. Auctiontyme4u on Ebay sells it.

Yes, the fireplace is made of scraps fron the kit, and painter's caulk. I think there is also prolly enough same size strips around the punch out peices for you to make a base for the house. You could also cut the bottom tabs off, and let it sit flat. Some $ stores also sell wood cutting boards/trays, for a buck, that it could sit in.

Not from that site, but I got the 1:24 scale furniture kit from HBS and the Fantasy Villa from Tracy/ Minis on the Edge and three 1:48 Chinese houses directly from the Woodcraft site.

I bought the set of 1:24 scale furniture from HBS also. I think its a little better than the one from Michaels although very similiar I see my rocker is a lot smaller from HBS.

I just spent the past 2 hours piddling around making a small apartment sized fridge from cabinet. I had to have a fridge!

I was also looking at the scraps and trying to make a support for the front porch....now I see I need steps too! Silly lil house keeps telling me more and more stuff it needs! ;)

Did you make the Fantasy Villa???? Now I am so tempted to get one of these!

I haven't built any of my 1:24 kits except La Casita. Unless I get the 1:24 lighthouse, Mildred (the Pierce rehab) is on my workbench until the rehab's done (puff, pant!)

I finally have mine all punched out. I decided I am not fond of the windows and doors and I ordered real ones. I will wait till they arrive to see if I actually use them. I haven't decided what I want the houses to be. I have to go past Michaels tomorrow and so I am going to stop in and see if they have any of the furniture kits left.

Good Girl! DH's must learn not to laugh at our mini disappointments, 'cause there's always a way for us to make up for them! WHO'S LAUGHING NOW? Congrats! Whatcha buy?

well to ease the pain i turned to my good friend ebay and found a duracraft brookfield/columbian and also a winston cottage with plans to bash them together. right now i'm building a brookfield raggedy ann & andy dollhouse to sell but i love it so much that now i have to have one too! of course mine must be bigger and better, lol!

:)

I'm proud as a peacock today! I think this is my best carving job yet. Doesn't this tabless/footless bathtub, look like it's in perfect scale now? It just needs a coat of shiny white paint. I think I'll go with the testors to get the enamel look.

Oh my Suz it looks great! I didn't even want to use the silly bathtub it looked so stupid to me! I was contemplating turning my bathroom into a bedroom or some other room since I really didn't like that bathroom stuff. You did a good job! :wub:

I think I need more rooms in my house!

I am busy with the rehab in the evenings, getting it ready for the auction. But I am carrying my toys to school and making plants for the gnome yard during my off period(and sometimes when I shouldn't-lol!) I will get the landscaping finished and the interior done! The rehab is taking more time than I expected. We decided to add a tiny yard to the front so I could put shrubs and vines around the porch, then another coat of paint on the siding..etc, etc. I will be glad to get this done and get back to playing with the gnomes and finishing my farmhouse!

Then I want to do the Storybook. and the other 3 puzzle houses...and the Orchid!

Everyone's houses are looking adorable! It's amazing how many different ideas come out of one small puzzle-this is a creative bunch of folks!

...It's amazing how many different ideas come out of one small puzzle-this is a creative bunch of folks!
If you had any doubts, this year's Spring Fling should have resolved them!lol