The Brookwood on Ebay!

ouchouch

Congratulations, Mary! tanz.gif How cool is that!

Looking forward to pictures of the building process and how you'll interpret this neat house!

I think Marg got one of those last week

Andrew, it might more interesting to try to figure which kits she doesn't have! :lol: Y'all's house must be humongous!

Andrew, it might more interesting to try to figure which kits she doesn't have! :lol: Y'all's house must be humongous!

At least it might be quicker to figure out which kits she doesn't have. I think she's trying to catch up with Tracy, LOL!

Congratulations on the Brookwood Mary!

Congratulations on your new house, ouchouch. Don't get sidetracked from finishing your BH though. I can't wait to see that one finished.

Marg, just how many houses have you now? You must make a list to show us. I have a feeling you've topped both Linda and Tracy.

Wendy

I WON!!! AND WOW WHAT A GREAT PRICE!

Congratulations! It's a really neat looking house, i've had some ideas already for mine! I'll build it someday :angry: I can't wait to see what you do with yours! I think i may go 80's look and may extend the decking outward more.

Andrew, it might more interesting to try to figure which kits she doesn't have! :D Y'all's house must be humongous!

Ha! very funny! :lol: :p We do have quite a few now i must admit. Our house isn't overly large, just have been able to find places to stash the kits. I have to say that the family room is getting a bit crowded tho....not sure where they will all go after they are completed.....i won't be able to part with any of them tho. They are like family now :lol: :lol:

Congratulations on your new house, ouchouch. Don't get sidetracked from finishing your BH though. I can't wait to see that one finished.

Wendy

I want to finish my BH so badly. Right now, I'm stuck on what colors to paint on the outside. I still have the Harrison to build, but most likely I'll build the Brookwood before the Harrison. I don't have enough room to be building two house at a time. Ha

How the hell do you make multiple quotes in one post???

Congratulations! It's a really neat looking house, i've had some ideas already for mine! I'll build it someday :lol: I can't wait to see what you do with yours! I think i may go 80's look and may extend the decking outward more.

That 80's look sounds very cool. Make sure you take photos! How much did you buy yours? Does anyone know how much this house was going for when it was still being sold?

Oh wow. I multi quoted and I didn't even know. Does it do that automatically?

How the hell do you make multiple quotes in one post???

That 80's look sounds very cool. Make sure you take photos! How much did you buy yours? Does anyone know how much this house was going for when it was still being sold?

Oh wow. I multi quoted and I didn't even know. Does it do that automatically?

You did it!!!!!!!! Just answer more than one question and it does it automatically! A cool new feature!!!! I got my Brookwood for $51.00, i had wanted this house for about a couple of months and didn't try for any of the auctions until last week. They go between 50 and 90 dollars usually from what i've seen and come up fairly frequently, like every couple of weeks. :lol: I don't know how much they retailed for when they were being manufactured tho.

I can't believe i just typed out my whole list of kits and then lost my internet connection and had to sign back on. I'll attempt to type it again tomorrow. I just got home from work. time for dinner!

Can't wait to see your BH and your color choice! Marg

Marg, just how many houses have you now? You must make a list to show us. I have a feeling you've topped both Linda and Tracy.

Wendy

Hi Wendy, I don't think i'd ever top those two, they have a HUGE collection! Well thru our combined kits we now have 40. A couple are just simple kits, but i thought they should be included. I typed out the whole list a couple of days ago and as I was about to post I discovered that my internet connection had dropped, so after all that typing.... :blink: hopefully it wont happen again! Here goes:

Greenleaf:

1) Glencroft

2) Brimbles store

3) coventry cottage

4) haunted house

5) vineyard cottage

6) willowcrest

7) beacon hill

8) cantebury (I think it's greenleaf)

9) westville

10) tennyson

11) brookwood (still waiting on delivery)

Real Good Toys:

12) Federal manor with extensions

13) conservatory

14) queen anne II

15) foxhall manor with extensions

16) front opening store

17) country church

Dolls House Emporium:

18) Grosvenor Hall

Houseworks:

19) street of shops

20) porches across america kit

timberbrook:

21) garage kit

Corona:

22) buttercup

23) orchid

Lawbre:

24) greenhouse and potting shed

Skilcraft:

25) Nob Hill

American craft products:

26) Ol' Merchantile

Northeastern scale models:

27) 1/144th queen anne

Duracraft:

28) Heritage

29) victorian mansion

30) queen anne

31) lafayette

32) lafayette # 2

33) linfield

34) marquam hill mansion

35) sweetheart

36) allison

Andrews kits:

37) Montclair plus extensions - Real good toys

38) Garfield - Greenleaf

39) conservatory - houseworks

40) orchid - corona

Wow Marg, that is so cool! There are some small houses and some very large houses in your collection. You will be busy for a long time to come. And I am so jealous. My hubby keeps asking me where I am going to put them all, and I only have five kits in the queue!

You will be busy for a long time to come.

Ain't that the truth!!!! :blink::) I know this will be a lifelong hobby so i don't feel guilty about having the various kits. :) Places to put the finished houses will be a problem tho....i'll think about it one house at a time. ;)

Does your husband work on mini's as well? What are his hobbies? I also think there can be room for "just one more".... :)

Well, the Montclair is on backorder, not that I'm getting to it anytime soon anyway. So that'll be another 5 boxes to find room for. As for the size of our house, not large, but then there's just Marg, myself and the 5 kids (cats). And the largest room in the house, the family room, is essentially a devote dollshouse building room. There are 3 of those 6' long resin tables in there, a fourth has the nearly finished Federal on it in the craft room, a spare bedroom. Once we're at the stage we are going to HAVE to get a bigger house, and devote one room for displaying the houses and models. Right now the Betty is anchored into a box in the closet. Having a fragile model that took about 600 hours to make at the mercy of the 5 Amigos doesn't appeal. It'd be nice to put it on display at some point though.

I really should get a few in progress shots of the Garf, the foundation's done, getting on the walls, doing a few mods to ease the buildup. Not that I'm going to post any in progress shot mind you. I don't do that, at least not until the thing is finished.

Having a fragile model that took about 600 hours to make at the mercy of the 5 Amigos doesn't appeal. It'd be nice to put it on display at some point though.

you build a lovely picture-frame base to mount it on and a removable plexi box that friction fits onto the base to keep out naughty little claws & teeth :blink:

Now, which one screams the loudest to be built?

The Foxhall has been yelling at me and was really quite put out that i started the Grosvenor first....partly cuz i promised the Foxhall it would be first.... :blink: ....so for the big kits, it's the foxhall then the beacon hill, then probably the marquam hill. ;)

I'm really looking forward to seeing your Grosvenor Hall when it's done, it's a beauty!!

I can't wait to get my ideas out of my head and off paper and into the house! It's such a neat house! I am still amazed at the sheer size of it everytime i look at it. i'll take a picture with it when it's completed to give an idea of it's true size. It has such a stunning look, can't wait until it all comes together!

The new addition to the collection and # 41 is a Duracraft HO scale village. Can't wait to work on that one!! Those houses and other building should be easy to find space for around the house!

STILL waiting on my Brookwood. I really hope it arrives tomorrow. After I paid for my auction, the seller asked for additional money because postage was higher than she thought (that didn't make me happy, a person should have all of those details worked out before they list their item on ebay....or have a shipping calculator set up)...then last week I asked her when it was sent and she stated that it was sent on the day she emailed me for more money....and that she would get right back to me with a tracking number....still haven't heard from her. I am trying to be patient and i hope that she really and truly sent the item. If i don't receive it by tomorrow i'll contact her again. This is making me nervous. :D

OuchOuch, have you received your brookwood yet?