She got in!!!

heidiiiii

The mailman did us proud today! Chelsea was accepted into the summer program and it will cost us nothing. She also won the $4200 tuition!!

Lots of paperwork to fill out! Have to go shopping for bedding and such! And save some money for her pocket!

FINALLY! Some good news!!

dancertwist.gifHappy Dance!!!

Yay Heidi!!! and Yay!!! Chelsea!!! :D Way to go!! I hope she has tons of fun there! This is So Awesome! What a great experience and what a great boost for her to not only have gotten accepted but also the tuition paid for!!! I hope she realizes that she really IS a Good artist!! :D

<hugs!>

-David

Yay!!! Congrats to Chelsea! And a big hug to her mama for doing such a great job of understanding her and giving her the right kind of encouragement she needed.

Deb

She is very excited. The mailman came with a BIG envelope. Not a skinny "We are regretfully sorry" envelope.

First thing out of her mouth b4 she opened it was " I didnt get in.". She then took it into the bathroom to open it...

She bursts out and says she got in and we dont have to pay anything! The whole $4200 is paid by city scholarship! And it was mailed B4 April 15th. That means they REALLY want her.

Big smiles! Lots of yelling!

And I DID NOT say "I told you so" or " Arent you glad we forced you?"

Just Congrats!

She PM`ed all her friends.

Thanks for all the encouragement you all gave me. This is an opportunity she will never forget.

I will definitely scan some of her work and put it in the gallery.

That is so awesome!!! You must be bursting with pride! (I want to see her work...)

~Jenny

I have posted some of her pictures (that I could find) in the gallery. She has pics stashed all over the house.

• 4 weeks later...

We got some even greater news yesterday! Chelsea`s art teacher told her that she wants her to be the Editor of the schools art magazine, Driftwords, next year. Chels seemed a lil enthus`ed about it. She is coming out of her shell. Great for her senior year and great for college applications.

• 3 weeks later...

We received the student packet today.

Must go shopping...

Fan, clock, art supplies, toiletries, laundry stuff, batteries, maybe a mini fridge!!! And a dress up outfit. That will be the HARDEST to buy. She is NOT the dress up girl!

Talked to a woman in Nats school (she is a art advisor) and she said that Chels going to Wesleyan is the best thing she could do for her art career!!

She said if chels wants to go to Cooper Union (NYC, grant based, very competitive), this program is the way to go.

I am so happy for her!