Chicago 2006

nuttiwebgal

I have started an album of the class and will keep adding to it over the next few days.

I cannot express how much fun this was for me and such a thrill it was to meet Linda and Tracy!

we missed you Teresa! :D

our day started at 8am and some did not leave till 10-12am

the first day we all left around 9pm

2nd we stayed till 11:30 or so

3rd night was around 7 or 8 we could have stayed till 10 pm but I was tired and wanted to look at some of the other classes being given. ohh to be 3 or 4 people at class time.

Rik Peirce is a talented man who is a joy to watch teach something he feels so passionate about!

I did paperclay on the base of the castle and he was like....you have to be meaner and he came over and gouged my poor baby! :D so after we both recovered...lol

it was a personal favorite memory of my life! and it was wonderful to be able to share it with all of you!

just keep checking back....Ill keep working

got some of the show pictures also

nutti :D

Nutti: I just went and looked at the pictures. Yall looked like you were having so much fun. Thanks for sharing. With this group, I bet you all were able to give the teachers new ideas.

Linda will be posting some today also. :D

Nuh uh!

It was great fun though! Lots and lots of fun!

just keep checking back....Ill keep working

got some of the show pictures also

Nutti--it looks so wonderful! I love your idea of making some blue in the stones (blue is my favorite color too!) and I can't wait to see that!

AHA! That explains your beating Jimmy.

If you only knew Holly, if you only knew ...

And just for the record, I was hiding under the table from the camera, not the class ...

And just for the record, I was hiding under the table from the camera, not the class ...

There, there Linda. <pat, pat> It's okay. Sometimes we all just need to hide under the table. <giggling>

Looks like you guys really had a great time! It doesn't get any better than hanging out with good friends doing things that you love to do and laughing from the heart.

Deb

I have added some photos from the show.....no particular order

we as I mean DH took more but they were to blurry...he is not a photographer! :D

my personal favorite was the 4 roombox all in one Phantom of the Opera!

DH and just fell in Love with it! in the same booth was the castle tower prototype that they are woking on to sell! some wonderful art at this show and so many wonderful things that it was overwhelming!

I didnt buy anything ready made :D

I was going to but it was just so much to choose from.

I got several kits which has me very excited! working on one now.

and I do believe that is all the photos!

The Phantom roomboxes are her personal work...with elements that will be sold eventually on her website

like the bed,boat and arm candleabras

and no the tower will be up for sell later this summer.

but I got it bookmarked coz I want some of them arm torches.

though I had it in my head how to make my own.

we shall see when she gets it all in place on her site!

Those arm torches are amazing - I am so fascinated with them! Great pictures Nutti - and if you read this before you're supposed to be out of bed then shame on ya! :D We love you Nutti, :D and you need to take good care of yourself. Till you get back I'll just be drooling over the photos you've got posted of the show :D

<hugs>

-David

I am still waiting for Lynette to make some too. She had some good ideas on doing it so I was hoping she still makes some too :lol:.

My youngest daughter LOVES the Phantom Of The Opera LOL and she LOVED the roomboxes of it.

I am still waiting for Lynette to make some too. She had some good ideas on doing it so I was hoping she still makes some too :angry:.

My youngest daughter LOVES the Phantom Of The Opera LOL and she LOVED the roomboxes of it.

I've got a couple of ideas on how to make them too.. I"m wondering if they'll work - I knew there was something I wanted to buy at the mini shop last time I was there! hmph.. oh well - next time :D I wonder how much candle light bulbs cost.. wow those are awesome! That whole phantom scene looks wonderful! Wish I could have seen it in person. Maybe next year :lol:

-David

Ohhh David dear please share your ideas when you get the chance! I think those are WONDERFUL candle holders.

Well my first thought was really simple (simple minds you know :lol: ) and that was to use the arms from discarded toys, action figures etc. Then I started thinking that I sculpt hands for my dolls.. why not just make them out of polymer clay.. but I'm not sure how the electric wiring would survive the oven temp.. probably ok but I wouldn't want to recommend it before trying it just in case it melts something. And if that doesn't work maybe paperclay. I would think the wiring could be concealed on the inside of the arm. Just a few preliminary thoughts but something I definitely want to try!! How awesome those would be in a haunted mansion room!

-David

I'm not sure how the electric wiring would survive the oven temp..

I use a darning needle to make the holes for the wires to make my dolls poseable before baking them, and then install the wires for the joints after they are baked.

I finally got the time to upload my pix. Of course, they're in backwards order, and I don't know how to change that. So, you'll start out with seeing what I bought at the miniatures show, and then go to the class, Nutti, Dean, Tracy & Jimmy.

There were two other items that I bought at the miniatures show, but you have to go view my Madison album to see them.

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...album&album=253

Thanks for sharing the pics! I love the minis you have bought at the show! Very pretty pieces! =)

Thanks Anne! It was Jimmy's idea to get the little jewelry box. He saw it and fell in love with it. It has a little cameo on the top, but you can't see it well in the pix.