Drink Survey

lmgervais

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I developed type 2 diabetes last year, I drank sweet tea and Pepsi ( I sure miss the glass bottles it used to come in!) and coffee with cream and sugar. Now it's iced tea with equal, and coffee with the same. I just can't do diet pop, I guess it's an aquired taste.

If it is regular tea it has more caffeine than coffee.

Actually coffee has more caffeine than tea. That's a myth about tea having the most caffeine of everything. Here is one link to caffeine content in popular drinks. Different sites have different numbers but coffee always ranks higher than tea, pop or even chocolate in caffeine content.

Caffeine Content of Food & Drugs

I've gone through caffeine withdrawl before and its not pretty. But I think I'm pretty good lately on not overloading.

Fascinating, fascinating...

J-F, our recent diabetic, drinks diet cream soda right now. It's considered a "freebie" along with Crystal Light and most vegetables. Personally, I dislike the taste of diet pop! But, since it's either that or no pop for him, I'm glad he likes it.

I can't drink caffeine - it sends me to sleep in minutes. I'm not kidding! It's weird...

I prefer juice above anything else...lemonade and water follow closely behind.

If I had a choice of soda, I like Dr. Pepper, rootbeer, ginger ale, cream soda, IBC Cherry Limeade...anything not the regular choice, really...

I don't like Coke or Pepsi and I call it "soda," whatever it is. :(

I pretty much just drink Un-sweet tea with lemon. I like flavored tea if it's not flavored by adding that sweet syrup stuff. I rarely drink pop anymore only if that's all there is and if so Dr. Pepper. I do not drink alcohol very often since now that I am old enough to it gives me a horrible headache. But I love wine. But it has to be red white wine I do not like at all. I know red is more likely to give people headaches but all alcohol does so therefore I just skip it.

My brother and sister used to love the god-awful Cherikee Red pop. It's a cherry soda and horrible, but then I hate anything cherry. They loved it, though. It used to be made in the neighboring county in southwestern PA, but now it's made in Illinois. According to Wikipedia it's mostly only sold in Ohio and Pennsylvania. I saw it a few weeks ago and was tempted to buy it for my sister.

My brother and sister used to love the god-awful Cherikee Red pop. It's a cherry soda and horrible, but then I hate anything cherry. They loved it, though. It used to be made in the neighboring county in southwestern PA, but now it's made in Illinois. According to Wikipedia it's mostly only sold in Ohio and Pennsylvania. I saw it a few weeks ago and was tempted to buy it for my sister.

That just made me think of something they tried to sell around 1980. Cherry flavoured potato chips! Ugh! And grape ones! I seem to only remember them from when I was visiting my Aunt and Uncle, so their area must have been a test market for them. Luckily, they quickly faded away.

After a major back issue recently my chiropractor told me that all the Diet Coke Ive been drinking since the age of 17 (Im now 40) is leaching the calcium out of my bones. That was the last day I drank soda.(Just kill me why dont ya) The aspartame scares didnt stop me,but osteoporosis...that one did it.

I drink tea now,and Hazelnut lattes from Starbucks.

I heard that the artificial sweetener Stevia is the only one that wont raise glucose levels,and is supposed to be the least harmful,Ive tried it and really like it,very sweet though,kind of different.

For iced tea, I prefer Nestea iced tea mix, citrus flavour, made with boiling water. Yes, I said hot iced tea! My kids like it both hot and cold, my Aunt drinks it hot, as did a former room-mate from way back. Hot apple cider and hot cranberry are also good.