Today in the Emergency Room ...

KathieB

We are blessed! Your prayers smoothed the way for an even better outcome than we could have hoped!

When the cardios at the VA compared the new stress test and nuclear imaging with the same tests that they did 3 years ago, they found absolutely no change! The bad cholesterol that they want to keep under 100 came in at a sleek 65. They tested for all four heart enzymes (usually only test for two) and all four came back negative, indicating no new muscle damage. They cancelled the heart catheterization, told him he wasn't being a wimp for calling 911, better to get it checked than not, and sent him home! The frontal chest Xray they took didn't show any signs of pneumonia, but they kept him long enough to take a lateral view and will call if anything shows up. They didn't want to keep him on antibiotics, as he his temp is not elevated, his white blood cell count indicated no infection, and the antibiotics interfer with his blood thinners. Still not sure why the discomfort in the chest wall muscles, but they did give him an antacid in the event that it is related to his digestive tract.

Thank you all again for your prayers and good wishes. I hope Bruce and Doug enjoy the same beautiful outcomes for their ordeals!

P.S. Deb & Gina --- I'm still game for a spa weekend someplace warm! :wave:

Woooooooooohooooooooooooooo!! <throwing arms around you in a huge hug> Now that's exactly the news we were hoping to hear!! I'm so glad that everything is okay. It's an ordeal to go thru all the tests and hospital stay, but how blessed the relief in knowing for sure that it's nothing to worry about. There's nothing better than that big sigh of relief.

Deb