Impatiently Awaiting UPS Delivery of First House

Dawn74

Hurray! My San Franciscan was shipped today! I fell in love with it the first time I saw it and lucked out on ebay.

In the meanwhile, I've been searching the net for pictures of other San Fran's and "human sized" painted lady's for exterior paint ideas. I've also seen some of the SF's other members have completed and they are all so beautiful! I'm sure I'll be back frequently for lots of help and support!

Dawn, you might also check with your library for copies of Painted Ladies and Daughters of Painted Ladies.

Thanks for info Holly. I'll have to take a look at those. I'm trying to read and research as much as possible before I get started - it definitely helps pass the time while I'm waiting.

Do you by chance have any books you can recommend that give step-by-step instructions on installing electricity?

Waiting is a game and one better play it well while doing so, ie plan, scout and accumulate goodies!!!! Oh and a sketch pad for jotting down ideas/small schematics is also great!!!

Hugs and congratulations!

Has it showed up yet??????? I'm just as anxious as you are too!!

NO, it took the seller 3 days to ship! I suppose I shouldn't be that upset considering New Years Eve and day fell right after my purchase - but come on... don't they realize how anxious I am! The last I checked, it should be here Tuesday. To make matters worse, I will be working late all week and have to work on Saturday too (I'm an accountant and we're trying to close our books for the year). That will leave me 1/2 a weekend before it will be time to go back to work again!

Oh, this waiting is killing me now! DH, who was initially very supportive, thinks I should be committed for an addiction that I haven't even been able to start yet!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't posted in awhile (school started), but I thought I'd post an update.

The house arrived in perfect condition and all pieces were accounted for (big sigh of relief).

I was afraid that I'd get to a stopping point shortly as I'm close to having the shell put together, which means it's time for electricity and paint. I've had my eye on CK101 kit, but refuse to pay $50+ for it. Low and behold, I got a fantastic deal on eBay last night... I got a brand new CK101 for the buy it now price of $22.99 and shipping was free!!!!

If all goes well, I'll be ready to decorate and add furniture in a few months, which should coincide with the 3 mini shows in Chicago! I can't wait!!

I've been taking pictures as I go along, so once I manage to find some free time, I'll start posting them.

Glad that it arrived safely! To have the shell already put together, you really are an eager beaver. Wish I could do things so fast, as I also hate waiting. Need DH's help for my bash so, in between times, I have been keeping myself occupied making things for the house. Helps pass the time :) !