first (and so far only) house

teeloise

My first house is a duracraft san franciscan. My husband bought it for me 20 years ago for Christmas. We were young & poor - I was a college student pregnant with our first son, and he was a carpenter's helper. His boss gave me the wood glue & masking tape so I could put the house together. I've worked on it on & off since then. I am nearly finished with the building part after deciding to rehab & make some changes.

I had always wanted a dollhouse since I was a little girl, but never got one. This house means a lot to me because my sweetheart of a hubby fulfilled my wish and got me what I really wanted :wub:

It's a 550. I'm going to decorate it as if my family lives in it. One room is going to be a scarlet & gray Ohio State buckeye room - I've already made a football lamp & want to make a Brutus Buckeye bobble head.

I love the idea about putting our pictures in it - I'll have to drag out my photo albums to find just the right one!

I love your house! You are doing an excellent job!! As for pictures to put in it, when you print out your digital prints, you can print out a photo of all the pictures on your camera. This is called an index card. The pics on the index card are less than an inch big, perfect size for dollhouse walls. I have pics of everyone in my family in mine. I get the frames in the craft section of the dollar stores. You can also make them out of scrap wood from your kit. Have fun finishing your house. Thanks for sharing your story, and your photos.

My house is tan with antique white, brown & yellow trim. The front doors are blue.

I have very little furniture. I made a twin bed for the "OSU" room over last weekend & I have a few dollartree finds, but they seem tiny. I've made couches for my daughter's dolls, so I'm going to use the same method to make one for the SF.

Thanks for all the kind words & encouragement!

I love the blue & yellow, it looks so bright and pretty. I also like that you left those wood strips off the big front gable that radiate out around the round window on the 550. The 555 was my first kit, I built & gave it to the eldest granddaughter and it no longer exists. I'd love to build another one and see how it'd turn out now that I have built one or two other kits.