making cupcake tiers

shamrockgirl18

well I cannot take complete credit for this, because I remember reading it or seeing it somewhere awhile ago, I just can't remember where.

Recently I found a bunch of old porcelain dishes, and the set was mismatched and missing some pieces so I started looking for a project to use them in. Then, I remembered the cupcake tier project that I had seen somewhere and di a quick Google search to get a picture in mind.

With some pretty dishes, glass candlestick holders, and VERY STRONG glue (like epoxy) you can make cute and unique tiers for displaying cookies cupcakes, or little potted flowers.

I think when/if I get married, I'll probably make a bunch of these to use as centerpieces with cnadles, flowers, and candies on them.

Once again, my pictures wouldnt upload but they're in my gallery!

And they are looking great, what a wonderful idea! I have been wanting a tiered cake stand for sometime, now I might be able to custom make one, :) I like that!

Thank you

Hugs

And they are looking great, what a wonderful idea! I have been wanting a tiered cake stand for sometime, now I might be able to custom make one, :) I like that!

Thank you

Hugs

They're SOOOOOOOO easy to make too! I am thinking about making some more as gifts for people.

Of course I could have checked your gallery, Erin; "senior moment", I guess. I adore #1!

Anna, I once made a triple server from a treble fishhook, small seashells and beads and filled them with fruits I'd made from beads. I'd like to try something like that with the plates made from paper, or even glue glass.

ooooooooh!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! What kind of glue did you use???????????????????????????????

I used Gorilla glue because I didn't have any epoxy. . .it works but let me give you some hints:

1. do NOT over-apply it because this kind of glue foams up and expands as it dries, so if you use too much you'll get lots of amber-colored gloppies on the plates

2. after you apply the glue, 'clamp' the items together with heavy objects on top of them and leave them alone for at least 24 hours. This way, the glue bonds strongly to both the plate and the glass candlestick holder.

If/when anyone else tries this, post the pictures!

Of course I could have checked your gallery, Erin; "senior moment", I guess. I adore #1!

Anna, I once made a triple server from a treble fishhook, small seashells and beads and filled them with fruits I'd made from beads. I'd like to try something like that with the plates made from paper, or even glue glass.

Thanks! The rose one did turn out very pretty- perfect for a Mother's Day brunch or a tea party.

I like your idea for making mini-serving dishes- I'll have to try that!

I still have my Mom`s old set. It is three glass plates in different sizes with a hole in the middle of each. Then you have a gold rod that screws together to place each plate on each level. The top has a handle.

Great idea that you re purposed. They are great for cupcakes, petit fours,cookies, and candies.