Diner at Night

diner fan

Diner-fan,

As if I wasn't in awe enough over the day time shots - the nighttime ones - WOW! The neon lights are amazing - have you shown your work anywhere? I keep staring at the photos and wondering if I missed which ever magazine they were published in - if they haven't been then they should be. Awesome work!

-David

Is this a REAL diner you've built or a dollhouse diner? I can't tell?!!

It's totally awesome!! :D

Thanks, the question is a great compliment to the effort I put into designing and building the diner. It is a 1/2" dollhouse scale. I lived the 50's, cruisin' the diners with friends as a teenager. I build scale diners and drive-ins.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Diner Fan

Diner-fan,

As if I wasn't in awe enough over the day time shots - the nighttime ones - WOW! The neon lights are amazing - have you shown your work anywhere? I keep staring at the photos and wondering if I missed which ever magazine they were published in - if they haven't been then they should be. Awesome work!

-David

Thanks much for the kind words. I'm new here and really appreciate the warm reception. I have not submitted photos for publication yet but it might be fun if there was an interest. I have designed and built several different models. There is great talent on this forum and I certainly appreciate the examples of what others have posted here.

Diner Fan

I'm speechless.

I have NEVER seen anything like this except with architectual models and they aren't a patch on this work.

It looks real. If I didn't know this was a model I couldn't tell.

Have you ever thought of posting this on a site that has nothing to do with minis and asking the people what location they think diner is at ? I wonder if anyone could tell it was a model or if they would assume it was real.

Thanks much for the kind words. I'm new here and really appreciate the warm reception. I have not submitted photos for publication yet but it might be fun if there was an interest. I have designed and built several different models. There is great talent on this forum and I certainly appreciate the examples of what others have posted here.

There's definitely an interrest :( Janary Issue of Dollhouse Miniatures published an article titled small APPETITES not really sure why they chose to use all lower case letters on one word and all uppercase on the next <?> but it was a small (2 page) article featuring some miniature eatteries including a deli counter, chinese resturant, tea room, cofee house and patisserie which reminds me a little of your diners in how the kitchen is set up but not nearly as detailed. I think there would be a lot of interrest in seeing his callibur of work.

-David

• 1 month later...