My Beloved Orchid

wenlaine

When all is said and done, this Orchid has become my favorite. I don't know when the change took place, but it did happen. I've learned a great lesson also. Wait a day or two before throwing a dollhouse out the window. Could it be possible that patience is the key??? Well, whatever it was, I'm so glad it happened to me!

Wendy

it couldnt have happened to a nicer couple! I hope yall will be very happy!

seriously...whats not to love? you did a tremedous job and the house looks Fab!

nutti :)

I feel that way about my Arthur.

I didnt have any real desire to build that house.

but once I started it...well its one of my favorites and Im keeping it in my collection.

Wendy, I form a love/hate relationship somewhere with every kit I build. I never learn to like the ones I have to beat into submission (a couple of early Buttercups), but the ones I can sweet-talk into behaving, or that sweet-talk me into doing them how they want, those are the ones I love.

I think you're right on about patience being the key.

Wendy, your Orchid looks amazing! Great job! I love your wicker furniture, it turned out beautifully. I love the cross-stitched rug . . . it's beautiful!

I'm glad you were able to bond with this house . . . :)

Wendy What's not to love, this house is beautiful and with all your lovely homemade furniture it is extra special. The rug is gorgeous. Great job!

Peggi

When all is said and done, this Orchid has become my favorite. I don't know when the change took place, but it did happen. I've learned a great lesson also. Wait a day or two before throwing a dollhouse out the window. Could it be possible that patience is the key??? Well, whatever it was, I'm so glad it happened to me!

Wendy

I'm glad it happened to you too Wendy. You've done a lovely job on it and the colors and the wicker are perfect. I love looking at your pictures. I was stressed out at work today and on my break, I was browsing thru your gallery. It was so soothing and calming and peaceful that I felt like I'd had a mini vacation. <pun intended> You've truly done a wonderful job of creating a real home.

Deb

Wendy, I just love your Orchid it turned out beautifully. I love the rug and all of your wicker furniture. I agree patience is the key maybe that is why my Lily is takeing so long.

I am loving all of your furniture!

you and terri are so inspirational!

tell me are you using some patterns or making them up as you go?

you seem to be going rather quickly with it....is it hard to do?

Id like to try some but Im rather intimidated.

but it looks so awesome!

nutti :(

Hi nutti,

Thanks so much for those kind words.

I'm not sure about Terri but I purchased a book called Wicker Furniture for the Dollhouse by Sheila Smith. Actually it was the only one I could find. There aren't alot of books on this subject but I found most of the patterns quite easy and alot of fun to do and now I want to venture off and try some on my own and I also want to experiment with different types of yarns and threads.

Did you take a look at the dresser I did yesterday in the Gallery? It's definitely my favorite so far. Today I've started the livingroom chair but I'm not going to do the one that matches the sofa. This one will be done from my head. Wish me luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wendy, I just looked through the Gallery at your Orchid pictures! It's amazing!! Your wicker work is outstanding!! I could see myself living in this little house . . . I have to go to my science lab to see how I can shrink myself! You wouldn't mind a mini-me living in your Orchid . . . would you? :D Of course I'd have to kick out that lady sitting on my bed!! :D

My Orchid was destined for the canibalizer, but now I think I may have to toss those plans out. Think the apex trim might cover the windows of the Garf. Thinking of going back to plan B. I'd resort to plan C except there is NO plan C! Actually plan B was the Ork, so it'd really be plan A, using gingerbread trim from Dejoux. That leaves me with a brand new unbuilt Orchid. Wait, I've had an idea.

Also thanks for the shots of the ceiling paper, Marg bought a bunch of that stuff, was disappointed it was paper, guess I'll try to stear her away from your pics while I try to steal it from her. Looks really good.

Wendy, I just looked through the Gallery at your Orchid pictures! It's amazing!! Your wicker work is outstanding!! I could see myself living in this little house . . . I have to go to my science lab to see how I can shrink myself! You wouldn't mind a mini-me living in your Orchid . . . would you? :D Of course I'd have to kick out that lady sitting on my bed!! :D

Would you shrink me too so I can come and visit? :lol: I want to curl up on the couch with a good book and a cup of tea.

Wendy, you did an awesome job! The whole house is serene and lovely. Your furnishings are the work of a true artisan.

Deb

Thanks so much, everyone is so kind.

Doogster, the ceiling paper was just wallpaper that I purchased at Walmart on special. Sometimes you're able to find some that isn't an overly large pattern and will work in dollhouses.

I must say, this house and I didn't get along AT ALL in the beginning, as you all know. At one point, DH suggested he buy it off me so he could work on it. I cringed at that thought. Now it sits in my diningroom window and everytime I pass by it, I stop to look, always smile at it and say to myself, "this is a gem, my beloved Orchid". Now you all know I've lost it!!