Hi there from Washington, DC

mlesullivan

Hi everyone-

I received this dollhouse kit SEVERAL years ago when I was a child. I had started assembling it with my Dad but unfortunately I grew up moved on to other activities and neglected my house.

Fast forward 20+ years I still have my house but it is in need of MAJOR repairs and a gentle hand with patience to finish the build and fix what I've broken/neglected over the years.

If any of you are in the DC area and want this house please email me and I'll be happy to show it to you.

First come first serve of course and if you have pics to show me of houses you've already built I'd appreciate seeing them as I'd really want this house to go to someone who can "do the right thing"

If you think I should *gasp* demolish it.. please tell me show and I'll hold a memorial service for her.

Thanks everyone

Emilie, welcome to the forum family, but NOT with the words "demolish" in the same sentence as "dollhouse"! I wish I were visiting my DS#2 & DIL, I'd find some way to save your Jefferson. Believe me, there are a great mini of us who will contact you to see what can be worked out on behalf of your poor, unloved Jefferson! Everyone here is loving when it comes to dollhouses!

I hope since you have gone to the trouble of joining the forum that this means you might be interested in actually building another kit. In that case, hold onto your good ol' Jefferson for a while, you might surprise yourself by wanting to take it apart and rebuild it, repairing or replacing what's broken.

Thanks Holly!

I know, right, I don't want to bring this unfinished beauty to dump or goodwill. I just know there must be SOMEONE out there who is willing to take her off my hands.

We unfortunately don't have the space for the house right now and with 2 little girls a gentle touch is not the easiest thing to provide.

I will probably get back into building one later in life but for now I really hope someone can help me out.

I wish I could ... I wish I could ... I live too far away. (sigh)

Welcome to the forum - maybe you could build a smaller, more sturdy dollhouse while your little ones are still little! :giggle:

Someone here will be bound to come to the rescue - so many members are on the lookout for "orphaned" houses. Not to worry!

Oh, and like Holly said, please don't mention "demolish" in the same breath as "dollhouse". :giggle:

I found when I let go of my first house by giving it to my niece for her birthday I felt great liberation and immediately jumped back in with both feet. You'll find great peace in letting it go where it will be appreciated and lovingly cared for. You might look at kits while waiting 'til the time is right - when the right house comes along you'll know it!

Absolutely, Emilie.....thanks so much for your generosity......The Jefferson will make a nice addition to my family of miniatures......and definitely will post pics as it goes along....

Elicia

:roflmao: