Bought another Dollhouse

Color Me Holly

About a month ago, a friend of mine gave me a Shenendoah. She said all of the pieces were there. They weren't. :) It gave me the perfect excuse to buy one. :p There were so many pieces missing that it was cheaper to buy another rather than replace pieces. Anyway, I should have enough parts from both kits to bash it into a three story cabin or make a few outhouses for the cabin. I now have three houses in progress and three and a half in the box. I don't know what is more addicting; buying or building.

I don't know what is more addicting; buying or building.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe one addiction leads to the other? :p I have a total of 7 dollhouses right now - 1 almost finished and 6 (pretty small kits) under the bed or in the closet waiting to be built - and here I am planning to purchase a nice big dollhouse with lots of rooms within the next week :)

If I had the money - there's at least 5 other "must haves" that I plan ot own someday... If I had the money now I'd get them - just so I'd have them when I am ready to build them!

Expensive addiction... But hey, I'm worth it! lol

Lisa

I don't know what is more addicting; buying or building.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my case I have way too many houses so I spend more time buying then building :p The builders are rather slow around here :D no wonder my builders dont make alot of money :). I can not wait to see this cabin in progress though when will the building begin?? :lol:

I can not wait to see this cabin in progress though when will the building begin?? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am still working on my Laurel/Primrose. Then I need to build the Travel Trailer as a gift for my sister. My girls are also working on Buttercups ever so slowly. When all those are finished I will start on the cabin and the Aster.

Wow tough question.. what's more addicting buying or building?... hmm I'd have to say buying.. Though there really is nothing quite like the feeling of finishing a house! However I have one under my belt as finished.. and.. a dozen or more that aren't :blink: so I have to vote for buying - since I seem to do more of that that I do finishing. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing your cabin bash - sounds great!

-David

We did an off the top of our heads inventory yesterday, I won't say the number of kits we have here, well only one's mine. I will say that it includes 7 large houses, including the Garf and all in that size range. We're gonna hafta move to a bigger place. :angry:

We did an off the top of our heads inventory yesterday, I won't say the number of kits we have here, well only one's mine. I will say that it includes 7 large houses, including the Garf and all in that size range. We're gonna hafta move to a bigger place. :angry:

:D:(

Wow! That is like some serious shopping, building, and daydreaming! 7 houses. I have one and I think that is a big deal. I wonder where I am going to put this one when I am done. Where the heck would I put 7?

Where the heck would I put 7?

well if you had 7 Im sure you would find a place. at present time I have 1 large house and 4 med size houses in the livingroom and work area. in the spare room I have another big house and 2 half scale houses and 1 small house. all unfinished, oh also in the living room on my entertainment center I have 3 1/144th scale houses ,ferris wheel and gazeebo.

in the work area again I also have 2 unfinished houses. Im not sure how many kits are hidding in my closet but off the top of my head I would say 3 or 4 smaller houses one of them is the trailer.

ohh I forgot about the lily in the workroom as well.

to many houses so little time.

now mind you this all started 4 yrs ago with me wanting "A" dollhouse and no one would build one for me.

not DH or my 2 DS so I decided to build one myself.

"looks around"

what have I done?? :(

oh my :D

nutti :angry:

Drum roll here

Hopefully this will take you to the drum roll discussion. You will find it very interesting.

Peggi

Wow! thanks for posting the link, it's so cool to know there are some great collections out there (and it makes me feel less guilty :D :angry: :(