my Fairfield is here at last!!

Shanna

My first dollhouse, the Greenleaf Fairfield, arrived yesterday. Last weekend I cleaned up the garage and got my work area ready for building. I've been buying supplies off and on and reading lots of posts and blogs about how to do this, and last night I read through the instructions. Now I want to BUILD!! Ack!

But, alas, I'm at work today, and this weekend I have to finish a little dollhouse I'm making for my girls to play with, so I don't know if I'm even going to get started this weekend.... hm.... who am I trying to kid? I'll never make it through the weekend without starting!!!! I'm going to pick up some foam board on the way home b/c I'll be doing some bashing, so once I have that I'll never be able to resist at least doing a bit of dry fitting. lol!

I'll post some pics as soon as I've made a bit of progress.

ttyl,

Shanna

If only I didn't have to work for a living, I'd have SOOO much more time to play with toys.....

You need to open the box and pet the wood (a bit of sandpaper makes the wood happier when you do this, too) and sniff it and look over the instructions, and handle the wood as you organize the pieces and make sure all the parts are there you're supposed to have, and generally reassure it that it's OK to talk to you and tell you what it wants...

You need to open the box and pet the wood (a bit of sandpaper makes the wood happier when you do this, too) and sniff it and look over the instructions, and handle the wood as you organize the pieces and make sure all the parts are there you're supposed to have, and generally reassure it that it's OK to talk to you and tell you what it wants...

:D so true ;)

Oh, it's talking to me! I've been sanding and painting my girls' house (not a kit, they're too young) and my little Fairfield is calling out to me. I've been touching it, and smelling it. It wants a light sanding, it's tempting me, but I MUST finish my girlies paint, wallpaper, and carpet, at least. Then the play house can come in from the garage so I'll have a place for the Fairfield.

The play house is going to be an, uhmm... interesting color scheme. My girls will be 7 next month, and I let them each pick whatever "carpet" and wall paper they wanted, so one picked powder blue, the other picked cherry red. lol! But hey, they'll love it, so that's what matters. ;) I'll share some pics when it's done.

How wonderful that the girls will get their play house, and that you too will get yours ;) LOL

Can't wait to hear more about your progress and please do share pics and stories as you let her out of the box!

Hugs

The powder blue and fire engine red didn't turn out too badly after all. I created a gallery. It still needs lots of furniture and decorating, but it's getting there. The carpet and wallpaper are way off scale, but that's what you get when you let two little girls decorate! ;)

Sadly, My Fair Lady didn't get to come out of her box this weekend. She and I agreed that I should get this finished first, so I can totally focus on her once we get started. Next weekend after the Seattle dollhouse show!

post-3478-1222058354_thumb.jpg

Shanna,

You must be close to me if you are close enough to attend the Seattle Dollhouse Show. I live in Tukwila, 5 minutes from Sea-Tac Airport. I'm also planning on attending.

Enjoy your mini day, Debbie

Edited by Minis On The Edge
Ebay Link Removed

The Fairfield is such a lovely little house! I have one and started it last year, but it's not finished and not even to photo status! The base is done and that is about it! Talk about slow! I'm probably going to be 90 before I can get to it!

Shanna,

You must be close to me if you are close enough to attend the Seattle Dollhouse Show. I live in Tukwila, 5 minutes from Sea-Tac Airport. I'm also planning on attending.

Enjoy your mini day, Debbie

Wow, we're neighbors! I live in the Renton Highlands area, near the border to Issaquah. This is my first dollhouse show - I'm so excited! If you see a dazed looking blonde lady running around frantically draging 7 yr old twin girls close behind and drooling over the pretties, stop and say HI! :D

post-3478-1222110409_thumb.jpg

Cute house and gorgeous girls Shanna. Not sure how you have anytime with twins but hope you find lots of great stuff at the show. I was given a Fairfield by a co-worker. She found it in her dad's garage and he didn't want it. However, sadly it still sits in the box as well as 2 others. I am vowing that I will not start until the Alexandria is done

I tell my family that my houses that are in boxes are just reminders that when I retire that I have plenty to do and not have to worry like some people I know who have nothing to do with their time :D

Your dollhouse for the girls is GREAT!!

Have fun at the show and please let us know what you get!