Signs of spring?

heidiiiii

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have BUGS in FL, some of them quite large, and so long as they stay outside that's fine. When they get in the house it's all-out WAR! Skeeters are our State Birds and some of them get fat & sassy.

We had a cold front pass through and bring a couple of light sprinkles and today is only supposed to get into the young 70s, but down into the 30s overnight tonight.

Another sign of spring!

My neighbor has pulled out the wheelbarrow and has started his weird front yard ritual.

He digs around the front border of the house. Then he does something I cant tell what. Then he puts the dirt back. Then he re-paints the front of the house! And he does this at least (not exaggerating) 4 x a spring/summer!

He not only re-paints the front of the house (never the sides), he primes and then paints...the same color!

I think it is because he got dirt on it?

Constant source of entertainment for us.

We have lived here 8 yrs and he has done it every year. Then he gets on the roof and rakes the leaves off and washes the roof!

Signs of spring? *sobbing*

We had more snow overnight and in the am....it took me 2 hours and 20 min to drive to work today. grrrrr

We are supposed to get another storm in time for me to drive to work on friday... very scary.

The first sign of spring that we get here in Northern Vermont is the Canadian geese coming back home. I heard a flock fly over yesterday morning. It's one of the sweetest sounds when you're getting sick of winter. The temperature here today is only 32 and it's spitting snow. None on the ground tho, it melted a week ago when the temperature got up to 55. Spring officially arrives on Monday, the 20th and I can't wait....................

lyn (julygirl)

Let's See

Our Daffodils have bloomed, the crocus are up, Bradfod Pears have bloomed and turned green, cherry trees are in bloom and now the redbuds are coming out. It is a bit cool outside but I am loving the flowers!! :angry:

SuzyQ

Here in the Queen City, for the last day of Winter (yesterday) we had a high of 72 degrees, beautiful sunshine, and a gentle breeze. It did begin to cloud over a bit in the late afternoon. :)

And for the first day of Spring, we are currently hovering at 40 degrees, and so far today we've had clouds, no blue sky whatsoever, and a mixture of rain, sleet and snow .... :angry:

Happy Spring! ;)

And here's the first day of Spring in Edmonton!

We're getting the patio furniture out and ready. Dudley's wearing his pink sweater!

By the way, for all of you who hate bugs .... there's no bugs!! We're bugless.

Susanne

And here's the first day of Spring in Edmonton!

We're getting the patio furniture out and ready. Dudley's wearing his pink sweater!

By the way, for all of you who hate bugs .... there's no bugs!! We're bugless.

Susanne

Well Susanne I hate to admit it but your snow is sure prettier than this rain. It is nasty looking here. So foggy I cannot even see my pretty mountains out the kitchen window.

I think I would rather have the snow :angry:

SuzyQ

I put a pic of my roses as my avatar. They are a lot prettier in person.

Melanie

Must be nice to be in Florida right now. We so wanted to go to Orlando for a short trip this winter. Just couldn't make it. We went last year for the first time and had a ball at Universal. Wasn't crowded at all.

No roses All I see is a picture of your sweety pie. :D

SuzyQ

I see a rose!

The pear trees' blossoms have just about shed all their petals, the feral plum is covered with rock-hard little fruits (which will grow to be rock-hard smallish fruits and then the wasps will eat on them until they fall off the tree). Our azaleas have begun to fade and will soon drop, the present crop of camellias is starting to droop and the hydrangeas are pumping out new leaves. Hurricane Ivan ate our one solitary dogwood and threw it through the screen of our back porch and none of the magnolias in our neighborhood do much in the way of blooming. And our trilliums never bloomed this year (just as well, they have beautiful flowers with a godawful stench!).

I miss the snow. If anyone would like to trade for a week a wouldn't mind. :D The theme parks are not bad if you can time it right. I just put in some gardina's a couple of weeks ago and can't wait for them to bloom. My Gerber daisies have been blooming and we should have strawberries in a day or so.

I love hearing about the flowers blooming and the fruit trees blossoming. Post pictures too .. I love your rose Melanie. Looking forward to seeing your tulips Melanie. And, Holly, your photos are so beautiful. I can only imagine. We don't have those scents right now, but we are hearing the sounds of graders plowing the streets. The residential streets are so snowed in cars are getting stuck trying to drive out to the main throughfares.

Susanne

• 2 weeks later...

It's finally warm today and trees (willows) are leafing out! The neighbor is mowing his short lawn (meaning it isn't necessary yet...but he didn't ask my opinion... :lol: That's okay, just shows off my weed overgrown lawn to great disadvantage (we dont' have grass yet, just weeds). :lol: :(

even though I have flowers blooming we have had rain, rain, rain, and more rain. Unless I counted wrong we have had 26 days in a row with some kind of rain. If this keeps up I may build an ark. I have no idea how my fowler can bloom with no sun, you think they would drown.

Melissa - very soggy