oh my gosh .......

dollshousegirl

I have ordered the fairfield today .... and not told hubby, what with the glencroft I am working on, the Laurel that is due to arrive from the winter competition. and now this. I will tell him its a retirement project LOL (I am 36) te hehe !!

My freind asked me where I was going to put them.......... I told her we don't talk about such things !!!!!!!!!!!! shock horror, ! space ! as if I would even consider that tehe !!

it is coming over land and should arrive in about 6 to 8 weeks, so got a bit of breathing space

Sal

Congratulations! :p You could always say it's an early birthday/Christmas present! :o I think I'm about five years ahead of myself!! :)

The Fairfield is a pretty house! Can't wait until you're up and running! :p (and I don't mean hubby chasing you out either!!) ;)

Now you see, the way to do this is to encourage your better half to buy whatever makes him happy. Get him into a hobby, he'll get into the groove fast enough, whatever that hobby may be. Then when you buy something he really can't say anything about it. That's what i do :o , my kit collection is absolutely dwarfed, both in size and cost, by me better half's.

Oooh, congrats on the Fairfield! And you can always encourage early senility in your hubby. Tell him you've had it around for years and he's been setting his coffee cup on it every day. Convince him that he's only just noticed it because you moved it to a new place in the house. If you can keep a straight face, that actually works. :o

Deb

I like Debs suggestion ! definateley my fav so far.

Doogster although yours is a good idea, he already has a sort of hobby, but it takes up no space at all. he likes a bet on the horses, so although i can justify waht he spends with what i spend unfortunately it takes up no space at all !! hummphh!

Sal

I love Deb's idea and I've tried it on more than one occasion. Hubby simply 'Hmphs' and walks away knowing that something just isn't right, but he can't put his finger on it! :o

Oh my, I wish that excuse would work with Darrell. Unfortunatly he is aware of every miniature item in this house as He may use it instaead of me. The walnut tool chest I got him for Christmas has been one of the best thing I ever purchased for this hobby, It is very pretty has 2 locking compartments to kewep my son out. Darrell stores all his tools and accesories for mini lighting in there. I may try one day to sneek something in.

Wow, I can’t believe you women are so underhanded. “encourage early senility in your hubby. Tell him you've had it around for years” Deb - I’m ashamed. “I may try one day to sneek something in.” Mellisa! Realy!! Honestly you girls’ll be wanting to use hubbies garage for construction next. :)

You should be open and honest and ask permission like I do! (After I overcome certain fear factors :o ) After all ………..If he loooovveess youuuuuu

Yea right! Seriously though, I don’t feel half as guilty now, but can’t talk, better go have a look around the house and see what I’ve missed! ;)

Glen

Now you see, the way to do this is to encourage your better half to buy whatever makes him happy. Get him into a hobby, he'll get into the groove fast enough, whatever that hobby may be. Then when you buy something he really can't say anything about it. That's what i do  ;) , my kit collection is absolutely dwarfed, both in size and cost, by me better half's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) :o Thats right! encourage me more baybeeee!!! Off to scope out ebay....hehe

I love Deb's idea and I've tried it on more than one occasion.  Hubby simply 'Hmphs' and walks away knowing that something just isn't right, but he can't put his finger on it!  :o

heheheheeheehehheeheehee <snerkle, snort> hehehehehehhehe

Deb

Wow, I can’t believe you women are so underhanded. “encourage early senility in your hubby. Tell him you've had it around for years” Deb - I’m ashamed.

<cackle> I have to confess. I'm blessed with a husband who not only indulges my every whim, but most often says, "why don't you get two?". I just do that to him coz I'm wicked and it's cheap entertainment. <cackle, snarf>

I probably should have just let you go on thinking I'm underhanded instead of admitting to being jes' plain onery. :o :) ;)

Deb

the way to do this is to encourage your better half to buy whatever makes him happy. Get him into a hobby, he'll get into the groove fast enough, whatever that hobby may be. Then when you buy something he really can't say anything about it.
It works at our house. In fact, he started out encouraging me by giving me mini POWER TOOLS for gifts!

Don't worry, since the Fairfield is half scale it's half the size of a 1" house!

Actually the 1:24 Fairfield only takes up 1/8 the space of a 1:12 version, it's half the height by half the width by half the depth, 1/2 X 1/2 X 1/2 = 1/8 ;) (a good rationalization oughta be worth TWO kits!).