printable wallpaper

flk01

I have surfed the web and come up with two sites- Jim's and jennifer's- both have great choices, but not what i am looking for. Can anyone save me more hours of hunting for a wallpaper pattern of bathroom tiles with a border of diamond tiles (to complement the store bought faux-tile linoleum floor? Would appreciate any help.

Thanks, flk01

I use this site a lot for wallpaper, I never seem to want want i have so I am always on the look out for something new.

It is a site for 'real wallpaper' but you can copy and paste images on their own. It has almost every theme you could think of, and will even give you ideas for new projects (as if we need those)

http://store.yahoo.com/wallpapers/wabo.html

http://www.wallpaperstore.com/WhatsHot.htm

this site is just as good although it invovles more clicking through until you get to what you actually want

I found these bathroom tile effects too

hope you can find something

sal

post-315-1139559484_thumb.jpg

post-315-1139559495_thumb.jpg

I had a thought about wallpaper and I wondered if anyone has tried using the memory paper they sell at stores like A.C. Moore and Michael`s?

Some of the paper is thick and I thought if I wanted to I could use some of that for rooms.

Sometimes they have sales on the paper for like 10 cents a sheet, but otherwise it can cost from 25 cents up to $2.00 or more a sheet.

I check the bins all the time and stock up when its on sale. It works great as either wallpaper or floor finishes. Certainly more patterns then I have found elsewhere.

I used some corrigated type as the wall covering in my garage roombox. It looks just like corrigated tin. It came in several colors, Roof on old sheds maybe?

I used scrapbooking paper from Michaels Crafts as wallpaper in the roomboxes I made for my granddaughters. There are photos in the gallery and on my webshots if you'd like to take a look. It worked really good. I used hodge podge (or is it modge podge) for the glue.

Susanne

I used scrapbook paper in all the rooms of my Laurel and Primrose except for the kitchen which I painted. A while ago I bought the Provo Craft Slab 5 for wallpaper and for scrapbooking since I do both. Both Mabyn and ALysia have used scrapbook paper in their Buttercups for wall paper.

I was going to post an updated pic of Alysia's Buttercup, but my camera batteries are dead. I will try to remember to do it later.

I used scrapbooking paper from Michaels Crafts as wallpaper in the roomboxes I made for my granddaughters.  There are photos in the gallery and on my webshots if you'd like to take a look.  It worked really good.  I used hodge podge (or is it modge podge) for the glue.

Susanne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I looked at the scrapbooking stuff in some of the stores and I thought the patterns were waaayyyyy too big for dollhouse use. Particularly the ones that look like wooden floor. I am looking for a cheap substitute for the houseworks flooring sheets and so far haven't found one. No I am not going cut 30 million coffee stirs and stain them, sorry!!! Ha ha.

I'm glad you found some that worked for you. I'm kind of disappointed that I can't find anything. The only scrapbooking paper I have seen, which I think was from Creative Memories, that would work for dollhouses was actually the same pattern as what they sell for dollhouse wallpaper! It was made by Minigraphics.

PS I did use some printable patterns for my 1/2" scale house. I can't recall the name of the site. I'll have to look it up for you. They had a LOT of patterns. The problem I had was that when I printed it out, it didn't look quite the same as it did on the screen - the colors were a little off - and also the ink tended to run when I got the paper moist, as when I sprayed it with matte finish before using. Also, I took the house to show a friend and it was lightly raining, and the few drops of water that got into the house through the top of the plastic bag I was carrying it in made ugly watermarks on my printed flooring.

So, if anyone has information on how to print out the patterns so that they look right and stay nice, please let me know!

Robin,

Memory paper is just another word for scrapbook paper. The Provo Craft Slab 5 is a 180 piece pack of 12" x 12" scrapbook paper that has 3 sheet of each pattern in the pack. Here is a link for you. I found it more appealing to buy in the pack. Hope this helps.

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/search?...rds=slab&type=0

you are right, most scrapbooking paper patterns are too big, but I have found some that they sell over here in the UK, that are perfect, the sheets have HOLLY POND HILL on them. thye are small pretty patterns I bought some today, for my glencroft bedroom, it is a pretty trailing rose, I bought another one which is a trellis pattern.

keep on the look out for scrapbook papers, its nice quality paper too,and if you find the right pattern you be glad you kept looking

I looked at the scrapbooking stuff in some of the stores and I thought the patterns were waaayyyyy too big for dollhouse use. Particularly the ones that look like wooden floor. I am looking for a cheap substitute for the houseworks flooring sheets and so far haven't found one. No I am not going cut 30 million coffee stirs and stain them, sorry!!! Ha ha.

you are right, most scrapbooking paper patterns are too big, but I have found some that they sell over here in the UK, that are perfect, the sheets have HOLLY POND HILL on them. thye are small pretty patterns I bought some today, for my glencroft bedroom, it is a pretty trailing rose, I bought another one which is a trellis pattern.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have a line of greeting cards in the US with Holly Pond Hill. They are the cutest cards with little rabbits in cottages celebrating birthdays, etc. I'll bet that paper is lovely!

• 2 weeks later...

Know it's been a while but if you can play with your computer and want some tiles/wallpaper I used these samples, set them as wall paper on the desk top, did a print screen, changed the colours I wanted and presto - custom printable wallpaper.

wallpaper

cheers

Glen

I was just wondering about wallpaper. I was going to search the forum about printing paper from your computer. How well does that work. Does it fade?? are there any other disadvantages? I do understand that regular paper is not as sturdy as the printed wallpaper, but seems as though many people have used, adn wondered if it stands the teest of time?

Jainie, There was a lengthy discussion that may be in the archives at www.smallstuff-digest.com . It is vitally important that the paper you print on be acidfree if you want it to last, which is why scrapbooking paper makes a good choice (and you will most definitely want to prime the walls first. Most paper, as well as plywood, contains acids used in the manufacturing process so that over time the paper will turn brown & brittle (acid burns) and direct contact with wood will do the same thing.

If you lay your printed sheets flat and lightly spray them with several coats of sealer, letting it dry between coats, you may be able to prevent the colors running.