Motts Minis Newsletter

SallyG

If anyone gets the newsletter from Motts Minis, they have a fantastic dollhouse that was built as a prop for a Hitchcock project, but never filmed.

The owner was having it finished, but could not afford to have the work done. It's pretty much a shell...and a lovely piece of work!

It's now for sale on consignment....at a hefty price tag of $30,000!

All I can say is WOW!...what a house!

If you don't get the newsletter, go to Motts Minis, and put in Hitchcock in the search option...it should take you right to it!

I got the newsletter and quite frankly with all the work that needs done I think the price is a mite hefty. But it could be a beautiful dh

Oh, I agree that $30,000 is a bit steep for it....I am assuming the historical factor accounts for that.

If I had an extra $30,000 laying around...(har har)....I'd love to finish that house myself!

Yes, but if you had $30,000 to spend on minis would you really patronize a business with such a bad customer service reputation as Motts has? I wouldn't.
For $30K I could build an addition on my house to hold all my minis!

For $30K I could build an addition on my house to hold all my minis!

As much as I'd love to decorate that house, I think I would rather have the addition for my minis too.

I did save all the pictures for inspiration though. It looks like it wouldn't be terribly difficult to build the shell!

Honestly, I think the house is great and all but if I had that kind of extra money laying around, I wouldnt spend it on that. You can bash several kits for the fraction of that price and create the same effect. Afterwards, you can decorate it to perfection and still not end up spending 30K.

I wouldnt ever trust Motts Minis with that amount of money anyways. Their customer service is so bad that Id probably end up loosing the money before I got the product.

I think I rather spend half the 30K in building an addition to my own house because the other half would be spent in the Greenleaf store. B)

It's an april fool joke right? B)

Come on 30,000? Really? :)

I'd expected everything including the kitchen sink for that price, hitchcock movie or not. I think there is at least 10 people on this site that could take a couple or three gerorgian houses, do a bit of bashing and end up with something as nice or nicer than that!

Whoever paid what ever for that needs some serious help from our members to complete it, and I bet that we could help them finish it for them for a lot less than it costed them. Bet it was no where near the 30,000 price tage they have on it! (sorry did not see that it was gold plated). LOL!

Wonder what they would get offered if they put it on craigslist? or am I off the mark and it is worth the money?